Hey guys

Sorry if this is a re-post or something, but the other threads that came up were 2009...

So yeah ... I want to use my Torch as an alarm clock. Now, as I understand it, bedside mode is supposed to dim the clock screen enough so that its not 'bright' but its always lit enough to see it in the darkness.

However, with my Torch, I put it on charge when I get into bed and hit 'bedside mode' then it dims for a few seconds and then the screen just turns off. It's weird and kinda annoying... I've look at all the settings for everything and there's nothing that about bedside mode turning the screen off. I have it set to 'dim screen' and 'LED off' but no-where does it say 'turn screen on/off'

To put it more concisely:

a) Is Bedside mode supposed to leave the screen lit (but dim) ?
    b) If the screen still turns off, what am I doing wrong ? I am putting it on charge while doing this.
    c) How do I make the screen stay lit but dim all night long ? If there's an app, that'll do nicely, but I always thought bedside mode was supposed to do it.

Cheers guys
    11-07-10 04:59 PM
    In your Clock options, what is your setting for "When Charging"? Mine is set to "enter bedside mode" so it goes into bedside mode automatically, and just dims the screen.

I just checked with mine, and if I set it to "Do Nothing" it fades, then goes black. When set to "Enter Bedside Mode", it stays dim. Below the "When Charging" options, you can set certain hours when it will enter bedside mode, so if you plug it in the car, it just charges. Although a push of the escape arrow will take it out of bedside mode as well.

Hope that fixes it for you!
    djdnz and PossumPete like this.
    11-07-10 05:07 PM
    First time poster, bedside mode on my torch (os6), dims, then fades to black. I don't want to have to charge it to have bedside mode work properly (not feasable when I go to Haiti for relief work and there's no electricity!) Doesn't seem to matter what profile I'm in. Not the way my 8900 curve worked. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-17-10 10:55 PM
    I have another issue with it to, im at office and when I put it to charge it goes in bed side mode and I don't want it to do that.
    And yes I set the clock when to go to bedside mode and even if the clock is set it seem to go to bed side mode anyway
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    11-17-10 11:31 PM
    I had similar issues with the bedside mode as eGerhardt the O.P. I suspected PatternLock being the cause - so I formatted the phone, reloaded the OS and all my apps expect PL, and now bedside mode works fine.
    My 2c.
    11-18-10 12:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/be...aviour-549619/

You will need to have clock/options/when plugged in: set to either display clock or enter bedside mode. That, and of course, it needs to be plugged in. If it's set to When Plugged In: Do Nothing, it will not keep the screen on.
    11-18-10 06:39 AM
    In your Clock options, what is your setting for "When Charging"? Mine is set to "enter bedside mode" so it goes into bedside mode automatically, and just dims the screen.

I just checked with mine, and if I set it to "Do Nothing" it fades, then goes black. When set to "Enter Bedside Mode", it stays dim. Below the "When Charging" options, you can set certain hours when it will enter bedside mode, so if you plug it in the car, it just charges. Although a push of the escape arrow will take it out of bedside mode as well.

Hope that fixes it for you!
    I was actually hoping there was such a feature, but I didn't want my phone to enter bedside mode if I'm charging at work. So sure enough, after ticking the enter bedside mode on charge, more options popped up, including restrict times, and voila, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
    11-18-10 08:52 AM
    I was actually hoping there was such a feature, but I didn't want my phone to enter bedside mode if I'm charging at work. So sure enough, after ticking the enter bedside mode on charge, more options popped up, including restrict times, and voila, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
    Like I said you can also choose "Display Clock" instead of "Enter Bedside Mode" and it will work fine (screen will stay on when displaying clock while charging).

I prefer this because I don't want it to enter bedside mode, like you, when I plug it in at work or in the car or whenever I'm not actually going to bed. The problem with the time restrictions is that I don't sleep and wake up at the same time every day...especially not on the weekends.

I prefer to just manually enter bedside mode before I go to bed...plug it in, clock pops up, press and hold on the screen (or press and hold trackpad) and select enter bedside mode. Voila!
    11-18-10 10:25 AM
    Mine started doing this the other day out of the blue (.337). After many days of using cradle and bedside mode it started just going blank with buttons lit. Checked all settings, all were correct. Pulled battery and all went back to normal. Has not done it since. Bug.
    11-18-10 10:32 AM
    Mine started doing this the other day out of the blue (.337). After many days of using cradle and bedside mode it started just going blank with buttons lit. Checked all settings, all were correct. Pulled battery and all went back to normal. Has not done it since. Bug.
    I've used bedside mode every night. Installed .337 the same day it was leaked. No problems here.

I'm not sure why yours would go blank with buttons lit...the buttons are off in bedside mode. Weird.
    11-18-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD