I'm running .337 for several weeks now. Just this week, my Torch started becoming very slow and almost unresponsive. Using the touchscreen, it will take up to a minute to respond to commands. Only a battery pull will fix the problem. I had to pull about 5 times today.

Anyone else having a problem like this? Any ideas about what could be causing this? I deleted the only new app that I had downloaded. Any tips on what I can do?
    12-11-10 04:04 PM
    I would try up/downgrading the OS. See if that works?

Thought I would not do this until you really have tried everything else. Batter pull - restart, etc!
    Last edited by shamoo711; 12-11-10 at 04:59 PM.
    12-11-10 04:11 PM
    What applications do you have installed and which ones are running when this happens. Try going into app management the swipe to the right and watch what apps are taking up CPU time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 06:05 PM
    What applications do you have installed and which ones are running when this happens. Try going into app management the swipe to the right and watch what apps are taking up CPU time...

Thank you! I forgot about that CPU usage screen. I found that Battery Booster Plus was using up CPU, when the slowdowns occur. Deleting now. Hopefully that will fix it.
    12-11-10 06:36 PM
    Awesome! Hope that was it. I use MeterBerry.

12-11-10 07:17 PM
    I've had a similar problem and I went into the media card and formatted the whole thing. I've also made sure any apps that were able to use my media card instead of device memory were switched to the media card like my YouMail app which downloads all my voicemails to the device by default. I didnt realize how many VMs I had sitting there. It's all about memory management to me. Nothing is downloaded and saved unless I'm prompted.
    funnykindel likes this.
    12-11-10 07:33 PM
    I've had a similar problem and I went into the media card and formatted the whole thing. I've also made sure any apps that were able to use my media card instead of device memory were switched to the media card like my YouMail app which downloads all my voicemails to the device by default. I didnt realize how many VMs I had sitting there. It's all about memory management to me. Nothing is downloaded and saved unless I'm prompted.
    good advice....i also had same issue but i cleared mine through another way..
    1..i use the memory cleaner that came with BB
    2..i clear up my logs by..holding down "alt" key and pressing "LGLG" without releasing the "alt" key....it will open the "event log" viewer....press the BB button and select "clear log"....

your BB should be fast now..it works like magic for me...and i also did the below because am an active BBM user..

OTHERS
    1...leave non-active BBM groups
    2...delete non-active BBM contacts
    3...in BBM picture option..make sure the pictures are not saving to memory card/device memory by default.
    Garry-m likes this.
    12-12-10 03:34 AM
    Awesome! Hope that was it. I use MeterBerry.

So far, so good. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.
    12-12-10 07:01 AM
    I'm able to enable memory cleaner on my old 8900 but on 9800 I can't find where, anyone can tell me where it is ?

edit : nevermind, it's under Options, Security, Advance Security Settings, Memory Cleaning
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 12-12-10 at 07:46 AM.
    12-12-10 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD