01-04-11 12:07 AM
55 123
tools
    Well QNX may rhyme with Unix but doesn't mean they will be the same. None of us know what QNX has to offer until it hits public access. I wasn't going to buy a new phone until QNX made it appearance. But if I am going to cross the line and buy an Android, I might as well get the Torch also. Honestly I figure I will be keeping the Nexus One I am beginning to think I should stay with something I know and like. Android may not be for me just yet. I believe Blackberry will come through with a win, win situation.
    01-03-11 07:46 PM
    I dont think it sux, think its cool... just not for me.. Had my torch for just over 30 days and decided to go back to my bold 9700 ( but loaded OS 6)
    Torch is just to bulky and heavy.
    I agree that the Torch is a great phone, and, it's not for me either. I finally had to swap out my 8310 Curve after too many drops without a protective case. The curve has been the best phone experience I've had so I wanted to stay w/Blackberry. And, the Desktop Manager software is waaay too easy to backup everything & sync it to a PC.

The Torch however, is DEFINITELY NOT FOR ME. I'm sure some people really like it, but I'm ready to throw it through a window. I have done the tutorials, read all the manuals, and understand how to use just fine.

BUT

It's tooo much trouble. I need a phone I can use on the go, text w/one hand, etc. That's not the torch. It is an extraordinary device w/amazing features. Bio-engineering & Ergonomics is NOT ONE OF THEM.

If you can always use 2 hands, leave it on your desk (without touching it) or get used to gingerly holding it by the edges only, then by all means... it is a great device.

Brand New Torch for Available for Trade - Taking it back to AT&T and paying an additional $100 to to exchange it for a 3G Bold.

I got my Torch for $49 at AT&T and it was the least expensive 3G phone available. That should have told me something in the first place.
    01-03-11 08:28 PM
    Nah, you don't have to gingerly hold the phone by the edges...

The easiest way to open the slider is basically palming the whole thing and pushing on the lcd directly.

Have dropped it several times and one handed texting isn't that much different than a 9650/9700.

It sounds like you never got used to it. Fair enough, you don't have to. But most of the complaints I don't think would even exist if you had the device long term.
    01-03-11 08:31 PM
    Go RIM YaY
    01-03-11 11:16 PM
    I keep hearing about the bolds, are they really that good? But I went from a pearl non-3G to a curve non-3G, then got the torch , and shortly after my community got 3G service so its light yrs ahead of what I'm used too. Which makes me bias to the torch.

I still have my Bold 9000 and I'm currently using the Bold 9700. They are excellent devices. I had to use my 9000 today as a backup because my 9700 is giving me problems. I understand why a lot of people love the keyboard on the 9000. I've been using both devices today and can say the keyboard on the 9000 is the best. I forgot how it felt because I haven't used it in awhile. I love the keyboard on the 9700 as well. But the 9000 feels nicer. Not to mention the LOUD speakers on that thing! Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to getting the Torch.
    01-04-11 12:07 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD