See! This has gone from a silly rant , to a Star Wars blog. Great!. By the way if you havent seen all the robot chicken star wars ,it is a must see!!
    Agreed. That's where I got the "what do you mean they blew it up?..." from.

EDIT: As cool as the Family Guy Star Wars episodes are, they are light-years behind the Robot Chicken episodes, and they only run for a few minutes when Family Guy has an hour for each.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-02-11 at 01:27 PM.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 01:23 PM
    I came from a 9000 and I can tell you the 9800 is leaps and bounds above the 9000 and worth every penny of the upgrade. The Torch is a step in the right direction for RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bottom line. Hear,hear!!!!

And Robot Chicken Star Wars spoofs - now that's must-see TV!

01-02-11 01:27 PM
    I wasn't originally going to put this up (I actually did, but then took it down.) I figured what the ****, and so it's up!

Ur spellaring and grammaring sux d00d. -cough-.

On a different note, and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree with me, Since I've switched, I feel like much of the criticism of AT&T has been sourced from overly bit*** iPhone users.

Mind you, I do miss T-Mobile at times (I did know a good chunk of the retail employees within my retail district.) I think AT&T is a lot better than most make it out to be, and everyone I've come in contact with in AT&T retail, via online chat and over the phone has been overly kind, willing to help, and get to the bottom of the issue at hand.

The Torch is a great device in my eyes, is it an iPhone? No. But you likely didn't buy a Torch because you wanted an iPhone, You bought a Torch because you wanted a communication centric device which has the ability to handle some multimedia on the side.

I can spare to loose some richness in the multimedia department on my every day device, but I can't spare any functionality or richness in the communication department, and the Torch allows me to take advantage of the communication capabilities that the BlackBerry is known for, while having a sleek device, with a good amount of memory.

Everyone is saying that they wish the Torch had a 1GHz processor, 18 trillion megapixels and a 900000000 kaxibillion milliampere-hour battery with a huge glossy touch screen, but when we look at the touch devices we had just 2 years ago, and compare them to the Torch, there is a major improvement between now and then, and I think RIM is moving in the right direction, and starting to kick up some dust and kick some arses in the process.
    EXCELLENT points!!!

And to the OP, great post, kid, don't get cocky!!!!
    01-02-11 01:48 PM
    g.james73, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I think you need a tissue.

01-02-11 02:34 PM
    Kudos to the OP for a sense of humor. Good points in this thread. i4 is the king of media, period. BlackBerry (my 9800) is the king of communication. Ive owned both, and both are top of the line at what they do.
    01-02-11 03:34 PM
    I came from a 9000 and I can tell you the 9800 is leaps and bounds above the 9000 and worth every penny of the upgrade. The Torch is a step in the right direction for RIM.
    That is impressive given you were coming from the 9000 which was such a good device. How are dropped calls w/ att?
    01-02-11 04:05 PM
    I've had no issue with any dropped calls, reception seems to my better or the same as was with my 9000. The only draw back of course was the keyboard...9000 has the best keyboard RIM has made thus far, however it only took a week to get use to and now typing is not an issue for me at all.
    elgolfman likes this.
    01-02-11 04:16 PM
    Cool on the typing... I think I am going to get one this week. I need to switch to att though. I can't seem get myself to do it... If att did a refresh of the 9000 I def would. I like the larger keyboard.
    01-02-11 04:23 PM
    That is why I didn't upgrade to the newer bold, I liked the form factor of the 9000. When you initially come from a 9000, the 9800 keyboard will be under whelming, with less "feedback" due to it being flatter. Give it some time to get use to it and you will be fine. This was my personal experience anyway. I just think if you use your phone for more then texting, emails...and want to get the full web browsing and media experience the 9800 is worth it. If you don't use the internet or much media function, the 9000 would still be a fine device to have
    01-02-11 04:49 PM
    Kudos to the OP for a sense of humor. Good points in this thread. i4 is the king of media, period. BlackBerry (my 9800) is the king of communication. Ive owned both, and both are top of the line at what they do.
    You are exactly right. The iphone,and the torch are two different entities!
    01-02-11 05:39 PM
    I4 user, potential Torch user

01-02-11 05:41 PM
    I think you need a tissue.

Just having some clean fun. The quote is from billy madison. I felt it was appropriate in this thread. Sorry my post was over your head.

01-02-11 07:05 PM
    He may be ignorant but atleast he's supporting BB is how I look at it.

01-02-11 07:36 PM
    I didn't find it funny... I actually was ready to tear the OP a new one ... If you didn't agree you could've just ignored the entire thread. But it seems like people don't know how to use the ignore feature.
    01-02-11 07:47 PM
    Just having some clean fun. The quote is from billy madison. I felt it was appropriate in this thread. Sorry my post was over your head.

It was I've never seen Billy Madison. And your right ,It is in fun!
    01-02-11 10:42 PM
    I dont think it sux, think its cool... just not for me.. Had my torch for just over 30 days and decided to go back to my bold 9700 ( but loaded OS 6)
    Torch is just to bulky and heavy�.
    DollarVoter likes this.
    01-02-11 11:22 PM
    The grammer nazis aside, I believe the op just wanted to have some fun. The 9800 Torch is a great machine. I recently purchase a Google Nexus One, they come unlocked and no carrier bloatware to deal with. Of course Google has installed their own boatware mostly Google applications they want you to use. The Nexus One in easily rooted. It has an OLED screen which is a beauriful screen, The phone is light, thin, and rather smaLL screeen compared to my Torch. I can read the Torch easier because of the larger screen. I am still not fully aquainted with the Nesus One but I prefer the Torch 9800. But the Torch 9800 is bulky, that is my only complaint. I still rock a BB 9000 Bold as a daily driver, the keyboard can't be beat. I can only hope that Rim will update the Bold 9000 with QNX, better and larger screen, and maintain the form factor. When it comes to great communications Blackberry can't be beat. I also believe that Blackberry will bring out some great devices in 2011 and beyond. Sure I try different os's but I always come back to Blackberry for communication at its best
    Last edited by Gadgetteer; 01-03-11 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Didn't proof read post prior to initial posting to fix errors.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-03-11 03:33 AM
    The grammer nazis aside, I believe the op just wanted to have some fun. The 9800 Torch is a great machine. I recently purchase a Google Nexus One, they come unlocked and no carrier bloatware to deal with. Of course Google has installed their own boatware mostly Google applications they want you to use. The Nexus One in easily rooted. It has an OLED screen which is a beauriful screen, The phone is light, thin, and rather smaLL screeen compared to my Torch. I can read the Torch easier because of the larger screen. I am still not fully aquainted with the Nesus One but I prefer the Torch 9800. But the Torch 9800 is bulky, that is my only complaint. I still rock a BB 9000 Bold as a daily driver, the keyboard can't be beat. I can only hope that Rim will update the Bold 9000 with QNX, better and larger screen, and maintain the form factor. When it comes to great communications Blackberry can't be beat. I also believe that Blackberry will bring out some great devices in 2011 and beyond. Sure I try different os's but I always come back to Blackberry for communication at its best
    I know you did not just say the Torch has a bigger screen than the N1
    01-03-11 09:50 AM
    I do agree with you. One thing that I have also noticed is that 99.999999999 % of the people who I have sold I phones to are nothing but trendy a**holes. You try explaining that certain phones are better and can do more and will be able to do the main function of a phone which is communicate better then the Iphone and they do not listen. Or just in the respect level. My best example is yesterday. I opened up the store and we are still waiting on our shipment of phones of which are blackberries and iphones. I have a customer come in and ask for a Red torch and I have to tell him we do not have any. He is fine with waiting and has me put a hold request in so I can put a phone aside when he comes in. Later on in the day I have a guy who only wants the Iphone come in say he wants it and that it is fing bull **** that a ATT store dosent have it and all kinds of other things. I like the person who bought the Torch. One I make commision off the sale 2. He had respect and qas nice to me. 3. He wasnt a trendy db who thought my job depended on getting him an Iphone in which my company could careless if we sell anymore beacuse we dont make a dime off of selling the actual phone as we would with a Torch 9700 Captivate or any other phone we have.

I wasn't originally going to put this up (I actually did, but then took it down.) I figured what the ****, and so it's up!

Ur spellaring and grammaring sux d00d. -cough-.

On a different note, and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree with me, Since I've switched, I feel like much of the criticism of AT&T has been sourced from overly bit*** iPhone users.

Mind you, I do miss T-Mobile at times (I did know a good chunk of the retail employees within my retail district.) I think AT&T is a lot better than most make it out to be, and everyone I've come in contact with in AT&T retail, via online chat and over the phone has been overly kind, willing to help, and get to the bottom of the issue at hand.

The Torch is a great device in my eyes, is it an iPhone? No. But you likely didn't buy a Torch because you wanted an iPhone, You bought a Torch because you wanted a communication centric device which has the ability to handle some multimedia on the side.

I can spare to loose some richness in the multimedia department on my every day device, but I can't spare any functionality or richness in the communication department, and the Torch allows me to take advantage of the communication capabilities that the BlackBerry is known for, while having a sleek device, with a good amount of memory.

Everyone is saying that they wish the Torch had a 1GHz processor, 18 trillion megapixels and a 900000000 kaxibillion milliampere-hour battery with a huge glossy touch screen, but when we look at the touch devices we had just 2 years ago, and compare them to the Torch, there is a major improvement between now and then, and I think RIM is moving in the right direction, and starting to kick up some dust and kick some arses in the process.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-03-11 09:51 AM
    Hey Cash
    No you are right, I didn't say it on purpose, lol. But I will say that I can read from the Torch screen easier than from the N1 screen. That surprises me because the N1 screen is a very nice screen. I am still learning my way around the N1 as of yet, I am more familiar with Blackberry. I am making no judgements pro or con, it is probably a good system and phone. I own the iphone 3GS, I believe to be a solid device. I just feel so stuck with what Steve Jobs wants to me do than having any choices.
    01-03-11 04:16 PM
    Hey Cash
    No you are right, I didn't say it on purpose, lol. But I will say that I can read from the Torch screen easier than from the N1 screen. That surprises me because the N1 screen is a very nice screen. I am still learning my way around the N1 as of yet, I am more familiar with Blackberry. I am making no judgements pro or con, it is probably a good system and phone. I own the iphone 3GS, I believe to be a solid device. I just feel so stuck with what Steve Jobs wants to me do than having any choices.
    See I thought the BB didnt have the choices the iphone has, but i keep hearing about Job's my way or no way attitude. And the BB torch is by far a great, great communication device. But beware the otter box really crowds the top row on the keyboard! LOve BBM love Twitter. And I was just having fun!
    01-03-11 06:15 PM
    I do agree with you. One thing that I have also noticed is that 99.999999999 % of the people who I have sold I phones to are nothing but trendy a**holes. You try explaining that certain phones are better and can do more and will be able to do the main function of a phone which is communicate better then the Iphone and they do not listen. Or just in the respect level. My best example is yesterday. I opened up the store and we are still waiting on our shipment of phones of which are blackberries and iphones. I have a customer come in and ask for a Red torch and I have to tell him we do not have any. He is fine with waiting and has me put a hold request in so I can put a phone aside when he comes in. Later on in the day I have a guy who only wants the Iphone come in say he wants it and that it is fing bull **** that a ATT store dosent have it and all kinds of other things. I like the person who bought the Torch. One I make commision off the sale 2. He had respect and qas nice to me. 3. He wasnt a trendy db who thought my job depended on getting him an Iphone in which my company could careless if we sell anymore beacuse we dont make a dime off of selling the actual phone as we would with a Torch 9700 Captivate or any other phone we have.
    LOve the part about trendy DB's. The longer I rock the BB the more I see your statements are true!
    01-03-11 06:19 PM
    I keep hearing about the bolds, are they really that good? But I went from a pearl non-3G to a curve non-3G, then got the torch , and shortly after my community got 3G service so its light yrs ahead of what I'm used too. Which makes me bias to the torch.
    01-03-11 06:39 PM
    I keep hearing about the bolds, are they really that good? But I went from a pearl non-3G to a curve non-3G, then got the torch , and shortly after my community got 3G service so its light yrs ahead of what I'm used too. Which makes me bias to the torch.
    Yup, they're that good, if you don't mind the smaller display (i.e., do more text-oriented stuff than browsing or media).

Bizarro translation: the Bold sux almost as much as the Torch.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-03-11 06:53 PM
    Yup, they're that good, if you don't mind the smaller display (i.e., do more text-oriented stuff than browsing or media).

Bizarro translation: the Bold sux almost as much as the Torch.
    The word for today is: sarcasm. The word for today is brought to you by QNX... we rhyme with Unix... see?
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-03-11 06:59 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD