Hello friends,

I would like to buy a BB phone this new year so little bit confused which one should i buy for this new year.

I have read over net about The Classy BlackBerry Torch A Very Stylish Mobile Phone AND Blackberry Curve 8900

Both looks nice so little bit confused this time so please suggest best one for me...

Thanks!
    01-01-11 05:31 AM
    Although I never owned the 3G version of the curve, I did own an older curve(8310). Coming from that to the torch is night and day. The torch is superior in ever way to the curve, but what you have to ask yourself is if you really want a touchscreen slider or a candy bar form of device.
    01-01-11 06:35 AM
    8900 does not compare with the torch.
    Toech vs 8900 = the torch all the way.

Or check the bold 9780 but I also prefer the torch is the best of 2 world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:37 AM
    We have a Curve in the family. The difference between Torch and Curve is night and day. Lots of personal preference to be taken into account. IMHO the Torch with touch screen and larger screen wins hands down.

Take your time and test both. Either is a fine device.

01-01-11 06:41 AM
    Between the Curve and The Torch, there is no comparision, Torch is much better than a Curve.
    01-01-11 08:28 AM
    The 9800 in a landslide.

The 8900 doesn't have 3G, no trackpad, I believe it does have the same screen as the 9700, 9650, etc. It has the Curve style keyboard (which I personally miss about my old 8330 )
    I believe it has a 3.2 megapixel cam as well.

In every aspect, the Torch has higher specs and better hardware. (Except for the processor, which I believe both are running on 624. And the screens have the same resolutions, but different sizes. )

The real comparison is usually between the 9780 and 9800. Both have equal specs(and OS 6) except for screen size and touch screen.

Last edited by MACKSnare519; 01-01-11 at 09:31 AM.
    01-01-11 09:29 AM
    I have never owned the curve but have played around with it a few times. I wanted the curve before I got my torch (surprise gift). I wasn't going to complain, it was a gift but I grew to love the torch and the touch screen. If I am not mistaken the curve keyboard is bigger which I liked. The torch qwerty feels small but I do not have trouble typing. I thought I would since I have big fingers.

I would suggest going into a store and taking a few minutes playing with both. Buy the one that fits you and is comfortable.

01-01-11 09:44 AM
    Had two curves 8320 and 8900. They were great, but when I got my 9700 bold the trackpad, keyboard and 3g was a big improvement. Even more so with the Torch and all the extra screen, os 6, webkit browser, memory, camera... No contest imho 9800 all the way for me.

01-01-11 09:51 AM
    +1 for whats been stated above, long time AT&T Berry user, many models, all the new ones. 9800 is the best so far.
    01-01-11 01:13 PM
    Hello friends,

I would like to buy a BB phone this new year so little bit confused which one should i buy for this new year.

I have read over net about The Classy BlackBerry Torch A Very Stylish Mobile Phone AND Blackberry Curve 8900

Both looks nice so little bit confused this time so please suggest best one for me...

Thanks!
    Having come from a Bold 9000, I had the same reservations about moving from that form factor. I loved the Bold, but it only took about an hour from the time I unboxed the Torch to forget all about ther candybar. I use the slide-out keyboard often (like right now), but I'm otherwise addicted to everything else the Torch has to offer.

Just get one. Worst case, it doesn't float your boat and you bring it back in 30 days for the Curve of your dreams. ;-)

01-01-11 01:51 PM
    +1 for the Torch. Both the 9780 and 9800 are great OS 6 devices but the Torch seems more suited to full use potential of OS 6. I like the bar form factor having had a 8310, 9000 and 9700, but some of the best-selling and/or most popular devices have great screen size and a touchscreen. The availability of the touchscreen, trackpad and physical/virtual keyboards make multi-tasking, messaging and web-browsing more productive and enjoyable.
    01-01-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD