Does anyone know if the the Torch offers 'google sky' or other similar applications to observe the star constellations at night??
    11-02-10 11:01 AM
    Does anyone know if the the Torch offers 'google sky' or other similar applications to observe the star constellations at night??
    There are several threads in the 3rd Party Applications forum asking about this. Here's the most recent:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pla...ar-app-534348/

Apparently there aren't any real good ones. There is one listed in App World called IK Pegasi, but the reviews have been less than stellar (pun intended ).

Starry Night sounds promising but is back in development for Blackberry. I have no idea how old this page is though:
    Starry Night Education | Astronomy Software | Starry Night Online

I tried using the online Starry Night emulator for iPhone mentioned on this site, but it is very slow:
    Stargaze from Your Mobile Phone or iPod Touch

I haven't tried Microsky, but I did load this other java-based app called Solun'-u that I used to use on my Nokia phones. Not the fanciest, but it works on the Torch and will have to do for now.
    PieCafe: software for mobile phones

There seems to be a fairly decent level of interest for an app of this type. Maybe Google will release a BB version of Google Sky.
    11-02-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD