Hi,
    I'd like some help, I got in touch with a vendor from UK and Malaysia. They are selling BB Torch for 300 USD and are requesting payment via Western Union. Does anyone have any idea of such vendors?.Are they genuine or scammers.

Request your inputs.
    01-23-11 08:50 AM
    Western Union is usually a dead giveaway to a scam.
    01-23-11 08:57 AM
    they are scammers coz anyone asking payment thru western union are scammers. dont deal with those guys. if u think u trust them ask for payment which is secured i mean paypal or any other hope this helps goodluck
    01-23-11 08:58 AM
    Hi,
    I'd like some help, I got in touch with a vendor from UK and Malaysia. They are selling BB Torch for 300 USD and are requesting payment via Western Union. Does anyone have any idea of such vendors?.Are they genuine or scammers.

Request your inputs.
    That's exactly half what I paid for my Torch a couple of months ago. Sounds fishy.

FRAUD BLACKBERRY TORCH ON KIJIJI
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 01-23-11 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added link
    01-23-11 09:19 AM
    Do NOT pay any amounts of money with Western Union. NEVER. EVER.
    WU itself is a legitimate way of paying but it's meant to be used to send money to relatives abroad and stuff like that. Do NOT pay for goods via WU, it's practically certain to be a scam. Also, please post the ebay auction here so that we can steer clear of this individual and report them to e-bay (ebay banned western union payments a long time ago).
    01-23-11 09:28 AM
    Heya all. Thanks a real lot for your inputs. They did turn out to be a scam and i was saved from losing my money!. After that, i've come across so many scammers, its like i'm enjoying negotiating with them.. I didnt meet them on ebay, met one on a miscellaneous classified website. Met a few others on alibaba and tradekey. Their characteristics are:
    1.) They'll offer u to buy 3 and get one free.
    2.) Price is less than or equal to half of the market value
    3.) They'll keep pestering you to buy soon
    4.) They'll insist on WU / Moneygram
    5.) They'll **** in their pants if you ask to meet them or send a representative
    6.) They always have a free email address like yahoo or gmail or even hotmail
    7.) They will confidently share company details and even try to prove their existence. There was even his presence on the companiesboard uk and ukdata.com

They go to any limits to make a quick buck.

One even offered me to just bear shipping costs and pay the rest after i receive and inspect the shipment.
    01-27-11 01:22 PM
    Where are you located? The reason I ask is because you may want to search local classified ads on sites such as Kijiji and Craigslist. There can be scammers there too but at least you can find someone in your area and meet up with them to inspect the merchandise.
    01-27-11 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD