This is my first BB so forgive me if I'm missing something simple.

I have tried to add 3 people I work with by scanning their bar codes and none of them have gotten anything on their ends. In my BBM it says "waiting for authorization" next to there pin #'s. Did I miss a step or something.

Its been about 3 days.

Thanks in advance.
    01-09-11 04:57 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    01-09-11 05:03 PM
    Did those users get the request and accept it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 05:19 PM
    It's AT&T service and I'm paying an extra $15 a month for a Data plan so I would assume I do.

No they never received any type of notification
    01-09-11 06:19 PM
    the regular smartphone plan is also $15. Login online and ensure you have a BB specific Data plan. Does PIN work directly? I suspect no and FTR BBM is PIN based.
    01-09-11 06:31 PM
    Thanks I'll look into it.
    01-09-11 07:45 PM
    OK i spent some time on the phone with tech service.

I do have the BB internet service and they said BBM should be functional. They had me reset some settings do a few battery pulls and download the updated version of BBM. Yet the problem is still persisting.

This is what I see. Pretend this ######### is someones pin number

Pending(3)

##########
    Pending(Waiting for Authorization)
    ##########
    ##########

None of these people have received any notification
    01-10-11 07:36 PM
    Still seems like they didn't set up your data plan correctly.

Are your other data features (email push, BlackBerry Browser, etc) working properly?

What happens if you try adding a contact by email address instead of by PIN?
    01-10-11 07:40 PM
    This is my first BB so forgive me if I'm missing something simple.

I have tried to add 3 people I work with by scanning their bar codes and none of them have gotten anything on their ends. In my BBM it says "waiting for authorization" next to there pin #'s. Did I miss a step or something.

Its been about 3 days.

Thanks in advance.
    First of all 4x4, welcome to the forum. I recommend that you complete your profile (device/carrier) as this is useful to the folks here that can offer assistance. Your question is posted under Torch 9800 - so this is your device?

I have had that annoying message on two of my devices also, the "waiting for authorization message" can persist even after you have already been BBM'ing each other for awhile. That message will stay until the users "accept" your invitation.

Before doing anything else, write the contact names and PINS down on a piece of paper so you don't lose them. Next, ask one of the contacts to send you a PIN invitation from their device and check to see if you receive the invitation.

One other question, you said you scanned the barcode - did you "invite" contact by scanning their barcode, or did you click on "scan a Group Barcode"?

And you're forgiven, if you google BBM and Waiting for authorization you will see that this is not uncommon!

One other note, if your service provider cannot solve your problem you may find that RIM can. Many people follow @BlackBerryHelp on twitter for a steady flow of useful tips, often for problems just like yours.
    01-10-11 08:46 PM
    AT&T
    Torch 9800

I chose invite contact then scanned their barcode.

I will try those other things you mentioned.

Thanks
    01-10-11 09:03 PM
    Time to run a diagnostics test.

Options>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>BlackBerry Button>Diagnostics Test

From there, press the BlackBerry button again and select "Run".

Let it run it's test and you'll want to look at the BlackBerry PIN-PIN test.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-10-11 09:14 PM
    AT&T
    Torch 9800

I chose invite contact then scanned their barcode.

I will try those other things you mentioned.

Thanks
    One other thing that can be quite helpful for people new to Blackberry is to take a few minutes to peruse the Blackberry 101 lectures posted on this site.

A lot of the FAQ's are addressed within these lectures:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    01-11-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD