So i returned my first Torch this past weekend because the OS crashed and it took me and a tech well over 2 hours on the phone to get it going again, OS reload didnt work the first few times. Anyways the guy told me to return it for a new one so i did.

got the new one and checked it over and the bezel didnt make any noise like the firts one did and the slider was stiffer than my first one. anyways its been 2 days and the BB key has started to make an ungodly noise when pressed or lightly passed over.

is there any way to fix this, i really dont want to return another phone as it means drivng an hour each way and this phone seems to be great and software and slider seem to work perfectly
    11-15-10 09:03 PM
    Compared to 9700, the 9800 keyboard is indeed louder than 9700.

As for the slider, there is this soft but annoying sound like as if its loose.

Well, I am going to use it for a while and see how it goes. I just dont want to go to the store to find out that this problem occurs for all other handsets

- Charles
    11-15-10 09:17 PM
    I kno rite! The bb 8530 keys were way too loud so I bought a Tour. I luv the keys bc they r quiet n dnt annoy me. BB needs to get into gear and like make stuff based off our opinions, I mean seriously phone now have like 8 megapixel cams and we r stuck with 2 to 3.2, geez

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 09:20 PM
    i was talking about the actual BB key

anyways i seemed to have fixed it, i was able to slip a very small piece of double sided clear tape under the key and its perfect now, no noise and the feel of the click is better than it was before.
    11-15-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD