Man I will never stray again. Their is more to a phone that specs and toys. Please don't hate on me.
    10-16-10 10:30 AM
    Welcome home
    10-16-10 10:52 AM
    Welcome back!
    There's nothing wrong with checking out the competion, IMHO, so stray as often as you want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 10:57 AM
    Pls tell us your reason for dumping the iP4?
    10-16-10 11:08 AM
    Welcome back. My last four phones have been RIM devices. Before I upgraded to the Torch from my 9700, I tested the i4 and Captivate to see what all the hype is all about. It made realize why RIM devices are the best fit for my needs which is a secure communications and multi-tasking platform with a pretty darn good browser and multi/social media integration. The touchscreen, trackpad and physical keyboard make the interface experience second to none.
    10-16-10 02:28 PM
    Welcome back!

I strayed, too, for the bells and whistles of an Android after having a Pearl for 5 years. I had it all of 3 months before deciding to come back to BB. Was going to get a Bold, but decided to try an unlocked Torch. I'll never leave BB again! I'm a crackberry to the core.
    10-16-10 02:34 PM
    Welcome back. My last four phones have been RIM devices. Before I upgraded to the Torch from my 9700, I tested the i4 and Captivate to see what all the hype is all about. It made realize why RIM devices are the best fit for my needs which is a secure communications and multi-tasking platform with a pretty darn good browser and multi/social media integration. The touchscreen, trackpad and physical keyboard make the interface experience second to none.
    Exactly, plus the Iphone is so restricted in its software applications. I use bbm and gtalk with family but with the iphone you have to have messaging on your phone because you get logged out from 3rd party messaging services and miss a lot.
    10-16-10 03:19 PM
    There are also limited native customization options on Apple and apps on RIM device though fewer in number than Apple tend to be more oriented to extending functionality than augmenting the lack of native functionality. RIM tends to use more OS changes instead of re-packaging the same infrastructure with new apps passing that off as innovation.
    Last edited by jcp007; 10-16-10 at 04:32 PM.
    10-16-10 03:42 PM
    Pls tell us your reason for dumping the iP4?
    First I have to say that the iphone 4 is a great device and hard to fault. I did not have any issues with craftsmanship(its actually made really well), I did not have any software issues, or antenna issues. It is a great phone. The problem is that ti doesn't integrate very we'll and is more of a toy than any blackberry. It has a long way to go before its on the level of their mac computers. I would say that if you just like playing games and need a simple platform go for it.
    10-16-10 03:48 PM
    There are also limited native customization options and apps on RIM device though fewer in number than Apple tend to be more oriented to extending functionality than augmenting the lack of native functionality. RIM tends to use more OS changes instead of re-packaging the same infrastructure with new apps passing that off as innovation.
    although they are neat in concept 95% of apps in the apple app store are useless.
    10-16-10 03:52 PM
    I have no idea how to use the mute button on the top right of the phone
    10-16-10 04:34 PM
    I have no idea how to use the mute button on the top right of the phone
    I think it's only to silence the phone temporarily when ringing..think being in a business meeting and suddenly the phone starts ringing.
    10-16-10 04:38 PM
    That was my thing when I was thinking of jumping ship. I had an ipod touch and yeah, the games were fun and all but that's what it was. I don't need a fart app, or an etch a sketch and if I want to play games I can use the ipod touch. I hated typing on it and it did not integrate very well with social apps which is what I mostly use it with. I believe the three options of keyboards plus having a trackpad and a touch screen is genius.
    10-16-10 04:39 PM
    That was my thing when I was thinking of jumping ship. I had an ipod touch and yeah, the games were fun and all but that's what it was. I don't need a fart app, or an etch a sketch and if I want to play games I can use the ipod touch. I hated typing on it and it did not integrate very well with social apps which is what I mostly use it with. I believe the three options of keyboards plus having a trackpad and a touch screen is genius.
    You forgot that the people in the apple iphone community are looney. But you are so right in your review.
    Last edited by falconeight; 10-16-10 at 04:46 PM.
    10-16-10 04:42 PM
    I think it's only to silence the phone temporarily when ringing..think being in a business meeting and suddenly the phone starts ringing.
    thank you I appreciate that, I should of searched.
    10-16-10 04:48 PM
    Oh and I just hit my 4th day and the iphone battery life is no where close the the torch's
    10-17-10 10:54 AM
    Oh and I just hit my 4th day and the iphone battery life is no where close the the torch's
    All depends on user usage pattern i guess cause my iPhone 4 totally smoked my Torch. Got at least another 1.5-2hrs more usage on a full charge with the iphone. Usually get anywhere between 7-8 hrs total usage and about 26 hrs worth of standby on each charge with i4.
    10-17-10 11:53 AM
    All depends on user usage pattern i guess cause my iPhone 4 totally smoked my Torch. Got at least another 1.5-2hrs more usage on a full charge with the iphone. Usually get anywhere between 7-8 hrs total usage and about 26 hrs worth of standby on each charge with i4.
    Agreed..but I also think battery life is varying quite a bit between users right now, probably due to some bad batteries going around. I had one battery that would last only about 3 hours with heavy use (not putting it down), and 5-6 hours with light to moderate use. So I got a new battery and now with light to moderate use I can get from 24-36+ hours with it. My wifes iP4 started out with great battery..but it seems as she's added more apps to it the life is dwindling..but she also hada whole schwack of apps that were using her GPS signal..so I shut them down for her (and why some of the apps were utilizing GPS is beyond me...)
    10-17-10 12:01 PM
    although they are neat in concept 95% of apps in the apple app store are useless.
    Yea, but those 5% of useful apps are leaps and bounds better than 100% of BB apps.
    10-17-10 12:01 PM
    BB Torch + iPod Touch 4th Gen = Amazing Combo.
    10-17-10 01:03 PM
    BB Torch + iPod Touch 4th Gen = Amazing Combo.
    agreed. but Torch + ip4 each with its own line in it is even better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 01:32 PM
    welcome back iphone is a nice phone but bb better
    10-17-10 02:08 PM
    Yea, but those 5% of useful apps are leaps and bounds better than 100% of BB apps.
    Really? Show me an iPhone app that will allow me to see whether I just got a Facebook message, a Tweet, a text message, or an email while the phone is blanked out. You see, I want to know what type of message arrived without having to wake up the iPhone and look at the screen. Is there one? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. My daughter is going back to BB for that app and the poor battery life on her iPhone.
    10-17-10 02:29 PM
    The iphone 4 is a very nicely made ipod that makes calls. Apps are great but they don't make the phone. Here are some reasons any blackberry is better:

1. Email setup takes nothing more than typing in username and password the phone does the rest.
    2. Blackberry Messenger is free and always connected
    3. Gtalk doesn't exist on the iphone
    4. The bb alert system is by far superior
    5. I don't care if apple wants to call it multi-tasking, its just not.
    6. You have set-up options on BB
    7. No stupid propriety connection jack.
    8. physical keyboard is so much better.
    9. Apple's service policies are ridiculous.
    10. bb have their own sophisticated business look

With that said apple make great products. I am a mac addict, and love my nano. The iphone needs its software to be opened up a bit. I never had the antenna problems or hang ups that other people had. I just needed the functionality that blackberry offers. Blackberry has some catching up to do with its internal hardware. But it still is the best phone for me.
    10-17-10 03:01 PM
    Really? Show me an iPhone app that will allow me to see whether I just got a Facebook message, a Tweet, a text message, or an email while the phone is blanked out. You see, I want to know what type of message arrived without having to wake up the iPhone and look at the screen. Is there one? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. My daughter is going back to BB for that app and the poor battery life on her iPhone.
    Show me a BB app that has every single medical drug and their uses, mechanism of action and contraindications. Or medical diagnoses and their treatment. All the different lab values. The different dosages whether pediatric, adult, or geriatric. Its funny because that's a lot of info and the BB has that app but guess what? It constantly freezes I guess because of the processor. On the iPhone 4, I scroll through everything like a breeze. I am by no means an Apple fanboy, I had every BB on AT&T since the Pearl 8100. I recently sold my Torch to get the iPhone 4 and IMO, the iP4 is a much better all-around device minus the LED notifier.
    10-17-10 05:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD