besides backing up your bb software/address book and maybe installing updates. is there any real use for it. I have yet used it to copy music or photo's or install dl'd apps.

Whenever iI try to use it to update my music, it loads some default music on my device and never lets me point to my mp3's. Also it seems to load duplicate of the music it puts on.
    11-18-10 10:20 AM
    When you connect your Torch, you will see a new drive letter in Windows Explorer, you can backup your music that way. I have never had any issues with videos.
    11-18-10 10:38 AM
    You can use it to sync your media but it is God awful slow. Dragging and dropping
    your media is a simpler and faster way to go.

You can also use it to set up a tethering connection (BB as a modem) but in those
    instances you want to watch your usage like a hawk. Streaming YouTube and such
    will chew through a lot of data and depending on your plan may result in overage
    charges, which can be substantial.
    11-18-10 10:40 AM
    DT 6 is tied into either iTunes or WMP on your PC. If you have problems with getting music onto your device via DT 6, it's generally due to how your music is set up on your PC (e.g., you don't use iTunes or WMP, you have multiple copies of songs in your iTunes library, etc., etc.).

Bottom line: if your music is set up in iTunes properly, you will have no problems syncing. Not to disagree with AG -- ok, yes, I will -- but it's definitely better than dragging and dropping now. It didn't used to be when Roxio was used for music syncing as part of DM 4.x and DM 5.0. I was amazed at the difference in speed when I synced my music onto the new 32GB card I got at the same time as my 9800, as opposed to how long it took with the 16GB card I had gotten for the 9000.

Also, and this seals the deal for me, you can't use the Wifi Music Sync on DT 6 if you have just dragged and dropped. I can't tell you how convenient it is to download some new tunes to your PC and have them show up on your BB. I wish the iPod I have dedicated to my car could do that . . . .
    11-18-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD