Get rid of Kik, it's killing peoples batteries right now. That have huge data and server issues...
    11-15-10 08:29 AM
    Today after a slow day on the device and only streaming some music for 3 hours from yesterberry:

Min: 0.1
    Max: 24.0
    Avg: 6.7

Took off the charger at 6am and sitting at 85%. Like I said though today was a slow day, 4 hours of talk with bluetooth, only 5 emails, 20 or so sms messages, and 3+ ours of streaming music from yesterberry.
    According to your average discharge rate..you should be down to 33% after 10 hours use..something doesn't seem right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 08:45 AM
    According to your average discharge rate..you should be down to 33% after 10 hours use..something doesn't seem right?

Perhaps either my battery isn't reporting correctly or the app isn't? No idea just posted what the app said and what my usage was.
    11-15-10 08:48 AM
    I just checked the app. reads exactly as it did yesterday. Even after hitting the refresh and doing a battery pull. So I think it doesn't work to well.
    11-15-10 08:51 AM
    Get rid of Kik, it's killing peoples batteries right now. That have huge data and server issues...
    i got rid of Kik last night. even closed and not in use, i still saw the CPU had used it yesterday even though i didnt. im debating on a fresh OS reinstall after a complete wipe to 507 or should i just give it another charging cycle to see what happens.
    11-15-10 08:56 AM
    I was getting about 24-36 hours out of my battery with light to moderate usage. Since going up to .337 as well as some new apps on my phone I seem to be only getting thru a full 16 hour day with about 30% left. I uninstalled Meterberry because it seemed to accelerate my battery drain..but as long as I get thru a full day with heavy usage and still have some battery left then I'm happy. I could go thru and find out which apps are affecting battery life..but like I said..as long as I can get a full day I'm happy. It would be nice to say I still have 85% left at the end of the day..but I know that's not normal lol.

11-15-10 09:11 AM
    i got rid of Kik last night. even closed and not in use, i still saw the CPU had used it yesterday even though i didnt. im debating on a fresh OS reinstall after a complete wipe to 507 or should i just give it another charging cycle to see what happens.
    I say give it another charging cycle, if that doesn't work then I would wipe and reload the OS...
    11-15-10 09:13 AM
    i wonder if these battery metering apps arent really helping the cause either. ive just never seen such horrible battery life out of a blackberry before.
    11-15-10 09:32 AM
    [QUOTE=Tomo1971;5771931]Try an app called SmartWifi.... Turns off your wifi when your away from your home or other wifi hotspots.

Big problem with SmartWifi: although it works as advertised, it uses your battery when your BlackBerry is turned completely OFF, as you will receive sound alerts (if programmed) when your BB is OFF! Developer acknowledges this issue, but will not or cannot fix it!
    11-15-10 03:22 PM
    before i used to find batt life to be complete crap as most do.

but after the .337 leaked and i loaded it phones been amazing since.

and im a VERY heavy user.
    11-15-10 03:29 PM
    I say give it another charging cycle, if that doesn't work then I would wipe and reload the OS...
    im proud to say, after fully charging all day, my Time To Empty according to my e-screen is now 1300 minutes. double what it was yesterday. i guess Kik was the problem. thanks for your help guys!! ill finally get some good battery life.
    11-15-10 06:26 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD