i read that there are tips on how to save battery power on here can anybody point me in the right direction please, looks like i,ll need to get a car charger as the battery runs out quick with all the cool stuff this phone can do!!
    11-02-10 12:06 PM
    I would look in this section of the forums.

BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    11-02-10 12:16 PM
    Aside from turning off or removing any battery sucking apps, I'd try the following:

1. Use a holster with a sleep function
    2. Switch to 2g if you don't normally have 3g coverage
    3. Turn off wifi and bluetooth when you're not using them.
    4. Make sure you are using OS .246 or .284

I get at least two days of use. Good luck.
    11-02-10 12:50 PM
    Keep your phone on 2G only unless streaming audio or video. 3G uses more battery as does the automatic searching and switching between 2G and 3G.

Use a case or sleeve with a magnet that will put it in standby.

Don't keep apps running. Always choose "close" or "exit" from the menu of the app, or in cases of social media apps make sure you log out of them after using them. If you insist on getting instant notifications from them though, you have to stay logged in on them, but that means using data and battery, so it's a choice of which is more important.

Lower the screen brightness as much as possible. Mine is set at 0 and is still plenty bright. Also change the timeout of the screen to a lower number, like 10 or 20 seconds at most.

I could easily go 2 days without charging using these suggestions, although I charge every night regardless just to have a full charge every day.
    11-02-10 12:59 PM
    ya the battery life sucks on these... im running latest leaked OS, i do have bluetooth running and i use the phone a lot for bbm/txt.cal/email. minimal calling. i get all of about 12-16hrs max per charge.
    11-02-10 01:34 PM
    Get an OEM charging pod. I have one at the office and one at home. I also have a car charger.
    11-02-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD