I have loved all my BlackBerry's but find that the notch to try and pull the battery is super tiny especially on the Torch.
    I made a simple pull tab from some blue painters tape. I have done this on every BlackBerry I've had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the tip!!!
    10-12-10 06:29 PM
    That is simply brilliant. Thanks for posting it.
    10-12-10 06:48 PM
    Great idea!
    10-12-10 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the useful tip.
    10-12-10 08:13 PM
    I would think with those nails you'd have no trouble with the groove on the top right for pulling it out!

Great idea though.

Can also do ALT, Right Shift, Del for a reboot like pulling battery.
    10-12-10 08:13 PM
    Great idea! It's really tough to get this battery out. I usually pry it out with a paperclip. First time, I tried my fingernail and I bent my nail backwards. OUCH!
    10-12-10 09:11 PM
    Hehehe genious idea !

There's "baterry pull" application too

Bb app world hehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 09:24 PM
    i just pull off the back and pop it down in my other hand. works every time
    10-12-10 11:26 PM
    I would think with those nails you'd have no trouble with the groove on the top right for pulling it out!
    ROFLMAO! I was just getting ready to say that....

Nice tip though.
    10-12-10 11:28 PM
    Great tip!

In fact, I think this should be posted, or moved, to the general discussion or put in the tips forum. This can be used on about any BB. On my 9550 I just use the edge of the metal battery door to pry the battery out, but thatvdoesn't work so well with my 9650's plastic door.
    10-12-10 11:37 PM
    Great tip!

In fact, I think this should be posted, or moved, to the general discussion or put in the tips forum. This can be used on about any BB. On my 9550 I just use the edge of the metal battery door to pry the battery out, but thatvdoesn't work so well with my 9650's plastic door.
    LMAO... did you break the door?
    10-12-10 11:38 PM
    LMAO... did you break the door?
    Nope, just not smart thinking on RIM's part. The door is either too thick, or the little slot to pry it out is too skinny.

I've even thought about filing down a corner of the plastic door so I actually could pry the battery out. But that makes me waaayyy too nervous...

I suppose I could just keep my nails longer, but then that would probably make me nervous too and I'd then bite them, making it futile

All I want to do is swap batteries without any issues, is that so hard? Which is why I love this tip, what stupid fix for something I'm sure many of us deal with. Thanks again OP! There's tape on all my batteries now...
    10-13-10 12:00 AM
    I love this idea!
    This is the first blackberry that I have found the battery to be a little difficult to remove.

Thanks for the tip.
    10-13-10 12:31 AM
    I never do a battery pull
    I just press and hold ALT+aA^+DEL

But this is a great idea
    Last edited by zaandam24; 10-13-10 at 01:04 AM.
    10-13-10 12:40 AM
    This is a great tip! I don't really have problems with using my finger nail to pull the battery out, but if I ever do I'll start doing this.
    10-13-10 01:41 AM
    just for reference to those that are using battery pull apps and using ctrl, alt, del... thats a soft reset not the same as actually pulling the battery. All those battery pull apps are totally useless unless u just want a soft reset. When they say to do a battery pull, u should do an actual battery pull.

Credit goes to the OP for this little tip. sometimes the simplest fix is something so easy no one thinks of it.
    10-13-10 06:09 AM
    This little trick is one of the reasons I can have my long nails!
    10-13-10 02:25 PM
    You need a "trick" to pull the battery?
    10-13-10 02:34 PM
    You need a "trick" to pull the battery?
    If you have well-manicured nails... Yes, you do. Women with nice fingernails own BB's too
    10-13-10 02:36 PM
    just for reference to those that are using battery pull apps and using ctrl, alt, del... thats a soft reset not the same as actually pulling the battery. All those battery pull apps are totally useless unless u just want a soft reset. When they say to do a battery pull, u should do an actual battery pull.
    We can agree to disagree on this point. You should NOT need to pull your battery out unless your phone is completely inoperable and unresponsive.
    10-13-10 02:40 PM
    I use QuickPull.
    10-13-10 02:45 PM
    We can agree to disagree on this point. You should NOT need to pull your battery out unless your phone is completely inoperable and unresponsive.
    The true way to reboot a BlackBerry is to remove the battery, the capacitors in the device need to 'Die' and the only way to achieve this is by manually removing the power source. Since the OS cannot replicate a power loss, the battery must be removed. This is why many who have issues will say they performed a soft reset or used 'QuickPull' and the issue is still there. Once they do a battery pull the problem usually disappears...
    10-13-10 02:59 PM
    that is awesome! i'm gonna do that! hahahaha
    10-13-10 03:02 PM
    Great idea!
    10-13-10 04:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD