I have asked this question before but I got mixed answers. Is alt-right shift-del the same thing as pulling your battery? I have a phone cover on my torch and I do not want to remove the cover everytime I have to do a battery pull. When I press that keystroke (alt-right shift-del) it does the same thing as a battery pull does, well it looks like it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 11:10 PM
    my opinion, it's one and the same.
    02-08-11 11:25 PM
    The keystroke is my choice if there is no other way to restart. Physically pulling the battery is necessary in certain situations but is a last resort for me. There are also apps like QuickLaunch and ControlBBanel. I believe that QuickPull is also available and has a free version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 05:16 AM
    I take it as a battery pull seeing as it restarts the phone, having to load it all again. Where as just the off button basically puts the phone in standby mode. There are some apps that will simulate a battery pull if always hitting those buttons gets annoying (Which I know I find it annoying, so I use MeterBerrys restart function).
    02-09-11 06:33 AM
    McStoner is correct. Battery pull allows the electronics to reset. Gives those capacitors a chance to discharge. A soft reset (by the buttons) is not exactly the same.

For me QuickLaunch is the reset of choice for a fast reset. Used after installing apps. Battery pull is reserved for real troubles or a new OS install.
    02-09-11 08:53 AM
    Most times a soft reset(any app, or alt, shift, del) are all you need to do.

With that being said no app or key presses can simulate what an actual battery pull does. I find with the torch most times a soft reset is all that's required, unless your installing an OS or theme. These require an actual physical battery pull.
    02-09-11 09:29 AM
    I haven't done a battery pull since I got my Torch (last August). For OS installs and app installs, the most I've done is the soft reset (alt, shft, del).
    02-09-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD