Hey guys. I saw a screenshot on here, I have no idea where now. But in it the battery meter had a number in the corner of it which I'm assuming was the percentage left of the battery. I was curious, what app or theme did this?
    01-13-11 05:46 PM
    i use SixTools.
    01-13-11 06:15 PM
    Many themes are like that. It all depends on if the developer decides to use a custom battery meter with the percentage or not.

There are apps out there (like BatteryEx for example) that show you much more info regarding battery status and even will show you a meter in the notifications area.

It's really all about your own preference. If you want the percentage on top of the battery meter like you mentioned, than you just need to browse the themes to find one (and there are many free & premium) that shows it like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 06:22 PM
    Guess I'm the only dumbo still looking in Device Status on to SixTools or BatteryEX lol
    01-13-11 08:45 PM
    Guess I'm the only dumbo still looking in Device Status on to SixTools or BatteryEX lol
    Nah, you're not alone!

The first time I saw a screen shot with the percentage over the battery meter, I initially assumed (or hoped) that was some kind of option or hidden tweak we could do. I searched (and searched) the forums for the answer to only find out, (just like you), that it was a custom meter from within a theme.

I was pretty bummed. But as I did more research I realized their was plenty of different options to see the battery percentage.

Once I get a better handle and a little more knowledge of the BlackBerry Platform (from a Developer stand point), maybe I'll try and develop an app that somehow overlay's the battery meter in all or most screens it's available on. But I dunno, we'll see where that goes when the time comes!

01-13-11 09:09 PM
    It can be done by command as well and even works on the default theme. Instruxtions are up in the "how to" section.

01-13-11 09:53 PM
    It can be done by command as well and even works on the default theme. Instruxtions are up in the "how to" section.
    For the battery meter? Because I know it can be done with the SIGNAL meter... Hmm, I'll check that out now.

01-13-11 10:03 PM

Can't seem to find this anywhere in the how-to section.
    01-13-11 10:04 PM
    Sorry. That was for the SSI.

Change signal bars to decibels- Press & hold Alt key & press the following N,M,L,L (repeat to switch back)

01-13-11 10:09 PM
    Can't seem to find this anywhere in the how-to section.
    I can't find it either but like I mentioned above, you can do a similar thing with your signal meter. And that is like the 2nd or 3rd post in the How To Section right now...

But no such How To for the BATTERY meter...at least that I could find so far.

If you could provide a link to this post you were mentioning about the BATTERY meter (we were talking about), that would be great!

Otherwise, I'll stick to what my other post says

01-13-11 10:09 PM
    It wasn't a post, it was a picture I saw that someone probably had in the screenshots thread.
    01-13-11 10:11 PM
    A theme or a tool has to do this.

01-14-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD