Anyone else find that the battery life on the Torch sucks??? Like I charge it over night and with moderate usage during the day it is dead by evening!!!

All my networks (except 3g) are turned off, no applications running in the background, backlight is at 10% and turns off after 30seconds - and the first time I charged it I charged it all the way to 100% first...... WTH!?!?!?!
    12-22-10 12:57 PM
    i think you have a bad batt mine gets about 2 days with moderate to heavy usage it really depends what your doing are you listening to music? downloading apps? and you should use wifi if possible it should save your battery more often then not set it to use over network
    12-22-10 01:01 PM
    This is my 2nd battery and it was the same with both of them!!

No I have not listened to any music and I rarely download apps!!!

I want to be able to use the 3G!!!
    12-22-10 01:03 PM
    Biggest battery drain may be the GPS. It is on by default. Turn it off and that should significantly improve battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 01:04 PM
    I run .337 and charge it overnight. With moderate to heavy use I have 50 - 60% of battery remaining at 11pm. My day starts at 6:45am.
    12-22-10 01:15 PM
    12-22-10 05:51 PM
    I noticed with my first Torch, that letting the battery "die" and then charging helps it hold battery life. Sounds weird, I know. But it worked.
    12-22-10 06:10 PM
    Mine lasts quite well. Get about 2 days out of mine with moderate to heavy usage. try exchanging the battery or the phone just incase you got a defective device
    12-23-10 02:32 AM
    I get about 2 days out of mine also, def think you should go and exchange the phone for a new one and see how that works out for you.
    12-23-10 04:26 AM
    I get 2 days out of my battery with moderate use. I keep 3G off because that seems to be a heavy drain on the battery so I only use 2G. I top off my battery when possible. No problems here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 06:21 AM
    How can I tell if my GPS is on?? I held down the BB button and the icon for the GPS is not there, so I do not think it is running.........
    12-23-10 07:41 AM
    How can I tell if my GPS is on?? I held down the BB button and the icon for the GPS is not there, so I do not think it is running.........
    Options > Device > Location Settings

Turn "Location Services" off.

Sorry, I should have said "location services" rather than GPS.
    12-23-10 10:46 AM
    Just got my Torch yesterday (12-22-10) and put it on the charger around 4:am,...after toying with it throughout the night and into the wee hours of the morning, I took it off the charger at 8:am. It is is now 8m (12-23-10) and it appears that I have 3/5th of a charge left. My use has not been moderate,...as I've only send a text msgs,...a few phone calls,...played FreeCell for a fe minutes,..didn't win,...and toyed with a few other bells and whistles.

That said,...the upgrade from the 9700 was well worth it. - imho Also,...I'm able to shoe-horn my 9800 right in the Outter-Box 9700 case. Naturally,...it doesn't slide as a result of being in this case...but the O-B 9700 case makes it feel like a brick!

Note,..I like the O-B 9700 case,...because I modified it by attaching the OEM belt clip from an OEM BB case to the back side of the O-B 9700 case. The belt clip serves several purposes,...it allows for great one-handed typing,..camera use,...and works as an excellent kickstand. It works just ridiculously perfect,..the ponly thing I need to do is cut-out a port in the case so that I can easily fit the micro usb cable for charging, etc.

Edit-1! I have the native apps running aalong with ProfilerPro and SmartWiFi. I also have BT and WiFi enable all the time,...same as I did with my 9700!

Oh! I almost forgot,..I'm on OS ...246,...and it is quite responsive,...I'm actually impressed!!

Edit-2: I can certainly live with what will definitely be way more than 12 hours on a charge. This ensures me that I pretty much won't end up having a dead BB on my hands within a 24 hour period - Thx RIM!

Hth...
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 12-23-10 at 07:30 PM.
    12-23-10 07:25 PM
    Im going to try disabling the location services option. My battery lasts about a day and a half or so with moderate or heavy usage. BTW what does location services do anyway?
    12-31-10 04:04 AM
    When you use google maps or some other direction giving app, it allows the GPS to fix your location. Simply put, it tells where you are.
    12-31-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD