I have mine set to 3g, gps is on and screen is set to 0. I get 2 days easy between charges. Maybe you have a bad battery.

No complaints here with the battery.
    yybenedb likes this.
    12-16-10 06:43 PM
    BW will kill a battery if it cannot get a GPS lock. Yes Twitter is a pig as I think a said earlier. Logout, then exit the app and you"ll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Imo just set the GPS to "cell location only".

There's no real benefit to using internal gps since you don't need incredibly accurate gps location just to get the weather and cell location is faster (and is more likely to work indoors).
    12-16-10 06:53 PM
    I have mine set to 3g, gps is on and screen is set to 0. I get 2 days easy between charges. Maybe you have a bad battery.

No complaints here with the battery.
    I had backlighting set to 20. I just set it to 0. I'll let you know. Setting to 2G did make a difference, but I want 3G.
    12-16-10 09:58 PM
    my Torch is set up nearly identical to my coworkers except for im running BerryWeather. he manages a 1% drain per hour, whereas im draining 1% every 10 mins according to BatteryEx.

today, with medium use, he took it off the charger around 3pm and by 8pm was down to 93%. i took mine off the charger 5pm and with very light use by 8pm i was at 91%. seems very odd. im beginning to think its hardware, not a battery issue.
    12-16-10 10:10 PM
    No apps that I am aware of but things like BerryWeather will not show up in the app switcher nor will FB or Twitter etc. This means you have to know what is installed and go look at each app individually.

I just found the app that I was looking for in another thread!
    12-16-10 10:16 PM
    Is wlm, logged in and is GM running? You have to specifically choose "logout" and then "exit" or "quit" from within the applications. How are you removing OpenBreak?

Ok thanks. Managed to get a few applications closed. I'm too used to running multiple applicatons at once.

I tried removing openbeak through menu -> delete. And also tried to go through the application manager to delete. Both doesn't work. When I hold the bb button, it still shows it running in the background.Also, when checking cpu usage, openbeak has a cross over it. Does that mean it's been removed or?

12-16-10 11:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD