When I first got my 9800 in October I had a battery drain issue... I reinstalled the OS and that seemed to clear it up at the time (came with .144, immediately went to to .283 and then reinstalled .283 in October)

Fast forward 2 months and it's back. The CPU is hot (not the battery) and the batter drains like mad. 15% an hour. I'm running .337 and have been for a while. No new apps, nothing changed with regards to my signal as I'm usually at home/work with solid signal.

The app manager doesn't show any out of the ordinary CPU intensive apps. I've turned off wi-fi, bluetooth and turned down backlighting to 80% + 10 second timeout. All things I never had to do before. Still drains.

I reinstalled .337, still drains. Battery pulls.... still drains.

Could this be a hardware issue? I don't want to go around the block with AT&T if this could be some other issue. Anyone have similar issues and have success in getting a replacement? I'm within the 31-365 day window and can drive to a device service center and in theory do an on the spot swap, but just seeking advice or thoughts before I do. I know there is probably going to be a new os leak soon so might hold off to see if that helps.
    12-15-10 12:43 PM
    Log the signal over time and check the results.

Free app download

Enable the log for signal and run it for a day or two, then check the logs. You can also log the memory to see if something eats it up, but I kinda doubt that's the problem.
    kcnwa, yybenedb and diegonei like this.
    12-15-10 12:46 PM
    Sounds to me like a defective device. it appreas as though have checked all the normal culprits. I would take it in for either a swap or warranty swap.
    kcnwa likes this.
    12-15-10 12:46 PM
    Log the signal over time and check the results.

Free app download

Enable the log for signal and run it for a day or two, then check the logs. You can also log the memory to see if something eats it up, but I kinda doubt that's the problem.
    Thanks! I have been looking for something like this.
    12-16-10 10:11 PM
    yea so this is like the 4th thread where i can post this out of relevance.

my Torch blows for battery life too. i use the above mentioned app and it shows me draining 1% every ten minutes. that is HORRIBLE battery life for basically an idle phone with minimal use.

im beginning to think its a hardware issue and cant wait to get a replacement.
    12-16-10 10:17 PM
    I tried downloading the app and I can't get it to install on my bb. When I download it it's a ".jad" file......Any help?
    12-18-10 05:06 PM
    I tried downloading the app and I can't get it to install on my bb. When I download it it's a ".jad" file......Any help?
    Download it from your device. It is an OTA=Over the air file.
    12-18-10 08:18 PM
    Wifi and Twitter were killing my battery. I have wifi off all day and still have 33% left right now. Took the phone off the charger 6:30am this morning. I set twitter to update once am hour. I wouid usually have 35% when I get home around 4:30pm with wifi on all day and twitter refreshing every 15 minutes. That's my experience fwiw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 11:11 PM
    Btw I'm using OS version 337

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD