I cannot get the F%#KING battery cover off this piece. I've done the "top faces right, press with thumbs" thing. I've done most of what everyone else has posted online somewhere but I cannot get this cover off.

I'm so close so snapping this thing, I can feel it. The top slider screen is like bending out of place when I try to take it off.

This is a joke. An absolute joke, its like they didn't even test these things before they put them on the market. What was wrong with the lock button they had on the Tour 9630?

Help please.
    05-16-11 12:55 AM
    when mine was new I had to stick my nails under the top part and pull down. Its loosened up now and comes off pretty easy
    FFjabarr and UnderpaidPaddy like this.
    05-16-11 12:57 AM
    Yeah I just stuck the tip of a knife in there and pryed this biotch off.

Gonna see if I can loosen it a bit. At least I know no one can steal my media card. Thanks.
    05-16-11 01:04 AM
    lol no problem.
    With pushing up on the screen, you naturally push down on the battery covers so it loosens.
    Not really a great design, next thing you know you'll be cursing because its too loose
    05-16-11 01:06 AM
    Yeah I kinda thought about that one after.. Just gonna do it when I need to. Figured I'd do a pull since I havent done one since I got it, which was like a month and a half ago.
    05-16-11 01:09 AM
    every Torch i ever owned, the battery door slid off with ease. i would lay 4 fingers on the back cover and then use my thumb to push the bottom of the phone. my fingers would drag the cover off, sliding it rearward.
    05-16-11 01:12 AM
    every Torch i ever owned, the battery door slid off with ease. i would lay 4 fingers on the back cover and then use my thumb to push the bottom of the phone. my fingers would drag the cover off, sliding it rearward.
    Same. I have never had an issue with this...

for the OP -> if you are trying to get the battery door off to pull it, you can try ALT + R-SHIFT + DEL to reboot your device.
    05-16-11 05:52 AM
    ....this technique works perfectly for me....I was reading down the thread and figuring out how to describe what has become a reflex activity when I saw this post....great description!
    05-16-11 01:23 PM
    I usually hold my front screen + the phone (to make sure the front screen does not move) in my left hand (top of the phone pointing to my finger tip) and my right hand on that cover (top of the phone pointing to my finger tip too) and I slide my right hand to the bottom. Hand have more grip than finger for those who don't know hehe.
    05-16-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD