So my fiance has a blackberry torch she got on black friday through bestbuy.com. She didn't get the insurance through best buy but is now having problems with the proximety sensor. She is constantly putting people on mute or speaker phone while in call. Best buy told us we have to go through bb to get a replacement. Has anyone ever done this. How do I go about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 09:26 PM
    Have you tried contacting your carrier to see if they will replace it with a refurb since it is under a year old?
    02-07-11 09:40 PM
    I'm assuming u have att, if so call exchange by mail or go to a
    Device support center (official att) and they will replace it on
    The spot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 09:53 PM
    Are you sure the sensor is bad? There are several threads on this issue. Since upgrading to .450 mine has been much better.
    02-08-11 08:15 AM
    Does she have a screen protector or case on the phone? Those have been known to interfere with the sensor.
    02-08-11 11:17 AM
    Does she have a screen protector or case on the phone? Those have been known to interfere with the sensor.
    + 1 on the screen protector part. if the protector is too thick it will not activate the proximity sensor and make you mute /dial another person.
    if you're with AT&T call Customer Service, they will replace it since it's under a year.
    02-08-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD