From their twitter page:

Virgin Delay October 1st
    There goes the neighborhood.. This is not a carrier decision, it�s all RIM and their OS upgrades. Therefore no carrier will be immune. October 1st it is
    09-17-10 10:28 AM
    Yeah, Mobilesyrup is reporting likely all.

However, Virgin mobile is the first out the gate today to also say delayed until October 1st. So now there are two. Bell and Virgin.
    Virgin is an off shoot of Bell, so really it's still just one.
    09-17-10 10:44 AM
    still waiting for redboard HAHA. I'm not giving up yet!
    09-17-10 10:49 AM
    Virgin is an off shoot of Bell, so really it's still just one.
    I didn't actually know that, thanks for the heads up. It's tough to remember who owns who. I guess it really comes down to the big three in Canada.
    09-17-10 10:56 AM
    Talked to a couple Bell reps shortly, most of them don't know why but a couple said probably network issue. If it's really network issues, then the chances of Rogers and Telus having the same problem is pretty slim and them going ahead with Sept 24th as planned.
    09-17-10 10:57 AM
    I didn't actually know that, thanks for the heads up. It's tough to remember who owns who. I guess it really comes down to the big three in Canada.
    Bell = Virgin / Solo
    Telus = Koodoo
    Rogers = Fido
    09-17-10 10:58 AM
    Bell = Virgin / Solo
    Telus = Koodoo
    Rogers = Fido
    Interesting, I didn't know those. Thank you!

Also, TelusSupport just Tweeted they are answering questions for today. So I asked if they are delaying the Torch. We'll see if they answer.
    09-17-10 11:12 AM
    any response from telussupport yet pumaman?
    09-17-10 12:26 PM
    Bell = Virgin / Solo
    Telus = Koodoo
    Rogers = Fido
    Rogers also owns chatr.
    09-17-10 12:33 PM
    Haven't seen any Twitters from them at all today (other than them saying good morning and send your questions). The second I get something, it'll be here

Edit: Looks like they are replying to people's questions, but they are replying to stuff from the 14th. They must have a backlog to go through, probably will be some time before they got to me.
    Last edited by pumaman; 09-17-10 at 01:02 PM.
    09-17-10 12:58 PM
    I really hope it comes out Oct 1 for Bell because I have an offer from them and I have to buy the phone by October 8. I was really looking forward to this...counting down the days and everything!
    09-17-10 01:23 PM
    Ok, The Telus twitter feed just replied to my question:

"@pumaman No word on delays or not, stay tuned to BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 - Coming soon | Smartphones | Phones & devices | TELUS Mobility for the latest info."

The bit.ly link is just to the Telus home page.

So, it's not bad news, it's also not really news at all.

But there you go.
    09-17-10 05:21 PM
    So now the Bell site says "coming soon".. I wonder if they're anticipating further delays? What's funny is that Telus never had a firm date listed on their site (even with Rogers and Bell doing so right away), just that twitter post. Makes me wonder if they were doubtful of the Sept 24 date in the first place. Never the less, i'm still hoping they pull through and I can pick this baby up on the 24th!
    09-18-10 08:24 AM
    A couple things to note, my warehouse distribution centre had an ETA date in our warehouse of September 13th, in our systems, for the torch. So, no, I don't think it's RIM or the device in any way, it's likely Bell choosing to delay it. RIM has sadly lost a lot of market confidence of late, and with the rather lacklustre release of the Torch states-side, and the Nokia C6 releasing for Bell that same week, it would not shock me too much that Bell either chose to delay the release, or some sort of back-room deal Rogers made for a week's exclusivity.
    Not that I care too greatly, I'm more than glad to pick it up on Rogers, should any of the above hold true and they do release on the 24th. So, I'm crossing my fingers and knocking wood til then.
    09-18-10 08:37 AM
    A couple things to note, my warehouse distribution centre had an ETA date in our warehouse of September 13th, in our systems, for the torch. So, no, I don't think it's RIM or the device in any way, it's likely Bell choosing to delay it. RIM has sadly lost a lot of market confidence of late, and with the rather lacklustre release of the Torch states-side, and the Nokia C6 releasing for Bell that same week, it would not shock me too much that Bell either chose to delay the release, or some sort of back-room deal Rogers made for a week's exclusivity.
    Not that I care too greatly, I'm more than glad to pick it up on Rogers, should any of the above hold true and they do release on the 24th. So, I'm crossing my fingers and knocking wood til then.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if your warehouse actually recieved them?
    09-18-10 08:43 AM
    I'm more dissapointed more so that it didn't share the American launch date. I live in London Ontario and they make the things an hour away. My friend is a product tester for them.

It's rough that a Canadian company doesn't have the ability to deliver an in demand product to it's own front yard before it ships it across the street so to speak.

Looking at all the reviews out for the phone too I have to say I'm looking forward to the torch 2 with the hardware updates that should have been in the phone to start with. Of coarse by then it will still be behind the pack performance.

Trying to compete in a market against the iPhone much less phones like the HTC Evo 4g which is faster again. I love the functionality of the Berry but come on guys. Give us a little more .
    09-18-10 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if your warehouse actually recieved them?
    Sadly, no, I can't confirm that information at my level. All I know is our system is usually accurate on this sort of thing, so who knows.

It's rough that a Canadian company doesn't have the ability to deliver an in demand product to it's own front yard before it ships it across the street so to speak.
    That's due to the market confidence thing. Prior to the Torch hype, RIM was suffering in the American markets as a company, and so the plan was to beef up the market confidence in the states with an exclusive launch of a new flagship product line. Yes, I know, RIM is a Canadian company, why should they care about US market confidence. Unfortunately, at this point in time, the US market still determines a lot of what makes it or what breaks it, so sadly, even Canadian companies like RIM have to pull stunts like that in order to get a leg up.
    09-18-10 09:23 AM
    I'm going to say the oct 24 date is a typo..whats funny is that I reported the week of oct 4 from my contact a while ago. When I told her sept 24th she was very surprised. I'm thinking Telus and Bell were never prepared for a sept 24 launch and were just trying to keep up with Rogers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

24 oct is the 9780 date no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 10:23 AM
    That's due to the market confidence thing. Prior to the Torch hype, RIM was suffering in the American markets as a company, and so the plan was to beef up the market confidence in the states with an exclusive launch of a new flagship product line. Yes, I know, RIM is a Canadian company, why should they care about US market confidence. Unfortunately, at this point in time, the US market still determines a lot of what makes it or what breaks it, so sadly, even Canadian companies like RIM have to pull stunts like that in order to get a leg up.
    I understand that for sure. You have to go with the demand. I just find it unfortunate.
    09-18-10 10:30 AM
    Pumaman, any word for telus?? (via twitter)
    09-18-10 09:11 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD