what a poor luck I have! My torch dropped when I was walking a long a river. It almost dropped into the river, but still it was strongly hit by the rock. I will have to replace display. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement torch LCD? I know this is a professional blackberry forum. though this is the first time I post here, I really hope to get some help here. Thanks
    10-14-10 07:17 AM
    A quick look up on google for the digitizer found them anywhere from 35$ to 80$.. take your pick.
    Assuming it is the digitizer and not the actual lcd screen, but im sure both can be found with a quick look up of google.
    10-14-10 07:36 AM
    Not sure of DEALSISHOP or CNN have them yet. Both are reputable places to buy BB parts.
    10-14-10 08:17 AM
    Looks like cnn.cn has both the digitizer and LCD. Looks like there are 2 types of LCDs, so you'll wanna do some research about the 001/002.

I have ordered from cnn.cn and had no issues. Fairly quick shipping. Just be aware you'll need to sign for it even though it's USPS since it's coming from China/Japan.

I can't get to youtube from work, but there are usually "how-to" videos on how to replace BB parts. Given the Torch is new, you might have a hard time finding videos.
    10-14-10 08:37 AM
    Here is a YouTube video on how to take apart your Torch 9800:

10-14-10 08:54 AM
    Looks like cnn.cn has both the digitizer and LCD. Looks like there are 2 types of LCDs, so you'll wanna do some research about the 001/002.

I have ordered from cnn.cn and had no issues. Fairly quick shipping. Just be aware you'll need to sign for it even though it's USPS since it's coming from China/Japan.

I can't get to youtube from work, but there are usually "how-to" videos on how to replace BB parts. Given the Torch is new, you might have a hard time finding videos.
    I searhced in google and found another saler GlobalDirectParts that sells many cell phone parts. I compared the two sites. it seems cnn.cn emphasizes more on outside accessories while the globaldirectparts.com is more dedicated to the inside parts of cell phone and PDA. Did you buy something from this site before?
    Last edited by windtown; 10-18-10 at 05:45 AM.
    10-18-10 05:33 AM
    I admire your courage for wanting to repair yourself but more may have been damaged by the drop. Why not file an insurance claim and get a fresh one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 07:23 AM
    It will be of great fun if I can fix it by myself.
    10-21-10 09:20 PM
    Thanks. Really helpful.
    10-21-10 09:30 PM
    I'm trying to fix one too. My screen is good, but I think one of the chips are bad.
    10-21-10 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD