I recently got a Torch and I'm having trouble getting my screen to shut off when not using the phone. In consequence, I think this drains my battery FAST!

My screen never goes blank after the backlight timeout goes into affect (have it set to 10 seconds). If I don't use the phone, the screen still stays on for whatever reasons. Is there a way to turn the screen off, or make it go dark like the other phones without turning off the entire system?

I have gone into the Set-Up and looked at all of the "How-To's", "Tips and Tricks" and have performed all of the necessary steps to ensure that my battery stays fresh and is conserved (shutting off WI-Fi & Bluetooth, closing all Apps when not in use, etc).

However, I'm pretty sure that since I can't get my screen to shut off automatically without using the phone it's killing my battery level.

Any help would be awesome. Other than shutting the phone down which I would hate to do, are there any suggestions?
    12-28-10 12:19 PM
    I'm not sure, but this is the way mine is set:

Options-> Display-> Screen Display:

-Font-
    Font Family: BBSeriFixed
    Font Size: 6
    Font Style: Italic

-Backlight-
    Backlight Brightness: 0
    Backlight Timeout: 30 Sec
    Automatically Dim Backlight: UNchecked.
    LED Coverage Indicator: Checked.

-Theme-
    BlackBerry 6 for AT&T

Hope this helps.
    12-28-10 12:29 PM
    DUH me! Problem has been solved.

All it required was to remove the battery and to re-start the phone. Screen now turns off when not in use.

12-28-10 01:05 PM
    Using the lock button on the top left of the phone will turn off the screen immediately without shutting down. Press it again and it comes back on. Personally I like this feature as I can set the backlight duration to something lengthy while still conserving power.
    12-28-10 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD