i can't seem to add "new" auto text ,, sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't ,, mostly doesn't and rarely work to be accurate ^^
    what happen is i click menu, then click on new, nothing happens ,, but when i click on edit ,, it works fine ,,
    any suggestions

bonus Questions ^^:
    i'm a new torch user ,, i'm lacking free apps guys
    best dictionary, GPS mapping and directions , PDF reader, Weather, a "who's hear" iPhone alternative, and any "must have" ideas ^^

Second Issue:
    when i installed "Foursquare" to my torch ,, it "continually" drains around 90% of my CPU even if it's closed, exited, logged out and so on ,, which made the response a bit slow on my torch so i uninstalled and performance is fact again ,, i wonder

thanks in advance ,, ^^
    10-30-10 06:58 AM
    I haven't had any problems adding new or editing autotext entries running 9800/6.0.0.246 that I've noticed.
    What OS version are you on?
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 08:05 AM
    i have the very same issue with my Torch also. if i pull the battery (which is virtually impossible without a tool of some kind, it is in there so tight!) it works correctly for a use or two and then becomes unresponsive to the "new" command. you can edit an existing entry, but then u lose that entry, which is a lousy solution. i gather this is one of those funky os bug issues that will have to sorted out when they release new versions of the os or a patch of some kind, but it is frustrating to no end in the meantime. why cant these manufacturers do some of this debugging before they release new products, i mean seriously this isn't rocket science, have an actual user put it thru its paces for 30-60 days prior to release and iron everything out rather than frustrating your customer base. makes too much sense to me, which is probably why to it doesn't happen! anyway i will step off the soap box now and give someone else a turn :-)...
    11-03-10 12:10 PM
    further to my last post my 9800 is running version 6.0 bundle 695 and is telling me it is up to date and that no new software is available.
    11-03-10 12:14 PM
    i have the very same issue with my Torch also. if i pull the battery (which is virtually impossible without a tool of some kind, it is in there so tight!) it works correctly for a use or two and then becomes unresponsive to the "new" command. you can edit an existing entry, but then u lose that entry, which is a lousy solution. i gather this is one of those funky os bug issues that will have to sorted out when they release new versions of the os or a patch of some kind, but it is frustrating to no end in the meantime. why cant these manufacturers do some of this debugging before they release new products, i mean seriously this isn't rocket science, have an actual user put it thru its paces for 30-60 days prior to release and iron everything out rather than frustrating your customer base. makes too much sense to me, which is probably why to it doesn't happen! anyway i will step off the soap box now and give someone else a turn :-)...
    Ok the battery is a bit tight but its got a little slot on the left (when held upside down) which you can stick a fingernail in or a knife and you can pop it out easily dont be afraid to give it a little force, also this issue only seems to happen when you access edit auto text from the message screen, if you enter though the options screen it seems to work flawlessly. must be some disconnect between the message screen,
    11-09-10 01:24 PM
    I am having this same problem and it's very frustrating (especially since i'm trying to add all the neat little symbols I just discovered). I can't add anything new - I can see the option but clicking it does nothing. I can edit, but not add new text. I hope this gets resolved quickly.
    12-23-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD