So I've had about 7 bold 9700's... All have had different issues. So tonight they offer to give me a free 9800 what are your likes or dislikes about this phone and do you like it better the regular blackberry phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 08:35 PM
    1. Touchscreen
    2. Hardware Keyboard
    3. Does what i need it to
    4. Lots of apps available (more on the way i am sure too)

Dislikes:

1. Screen could be a higher resolution (though honestly it isn't that bad)
    2. processor is a tad slow (624Mhz)
    3. Video Quality is only fair to decent. (no HD recording here)

This is my first "smartphone" i had the Curve 9300 for about 5 days before returning it for the Torch, trying to navigate web pages and links on the curve was awful, touchscreen is much simpler.

Before having a "smartphone" i had a LG Rumor (which made an amazing texting phone, with the landscape slide-out QWERTY keyboard) but, really that's all it was good for..
    11-08-10 10:17 PM
    I have a 9700. I tried a Torch today, and I really dislike the keyboard. Keys are too flat and I mis-type constantly. The 9700 was perfection, even with longer fingernails. I hope RIM keeps using the 9700 kb on future phones, like the Style perhaps.

I liked most other things about the Torch though, just not the kb.
    11-08-10 10:31 PM
    7 x 9700 ? That must be some sort of record.

I thinking about making the move from 9700 to Red Torch.

11-08-10 10:43 PM
    Update to this thread.. They sent me a refurbished 9800.. no battery no back cover..

Needless to say they kinda screwed me over. The rep on the phone promised me a full kit. They didnt deliver. Then told me i was basically screwed on getting a different blackberry unless i wanted to downgrade to a older model then the 9700..

Very unsatisfied with the AT&T customer service at this moment. and i was seriously thinking about switching carriers. But at the same time... who knows what kinda customer service i would get with another carrier.
    11-30-10 07:32 PM
    Update to this thread.. They sent me a refurbished 9800.. no battery no back cover..

Needless to say they kinda screwed me over. The rep on the phone promised me a full kit. They didnt deliver. Then told me i was basically screwed on getting a different blackberry unless i wanted to downgrade to a older model then the 9700..

Very unsatisfied with the AT&T customer service at this moment. and i was seriously thinking about switching carriers. But at the same time... who knows what kinda customer service i would get with another carrier.
    7 9700's! Wow, not trying to be a **** but some of this has to be on you. Why didn't you just bring the 9800 into the store and tell them what happened? I had a broken phone once and they sent me a newer model but I had no back or battery I walked into the store and they just gave me the parts.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T just gave up on trying to make you happy.
    11-30-10 08:20 PM

Wow that is awful, Have you tried to contact them about sending you only part of that. I had the same issue with the Bold 9000 and they upgraded me to a 9700 and at first they were going to send me the kit with no battery or back and I was like "whoa those are two different phones and that wont work" so they sent me basically a whole new 9700, not even refurbished.
    11-30-10 08:34 PM
    The 9700 is much much better than the Torch IMHO.

1) It runs OS 6 perfectly with no lag
    2) It has a much better battery
    3) It has a better keyboard
    4) It has a better trackpad

PS: X-Torch owner here
    11-30-10 09:48 PM
    The only problem is that the OS 6 is not official for 9700 when it comes to AT&T. I will agree the battery is MUCH better on the 9700 and the keyboard is just a little better because it is not as flat as the Torch. The trackpad is the same as far as I am concerned. But the Torch has more memory which i really like.
    11-30-10 10:11 PM
    At 7x 9700s I'd say you screwed AT&T, not the other way around. Sounds like AT&T just finally got ya back. Either way, I'd say if you nit-picked 7 Bolds and still weren't happy then you won't be happy with a Torch either. I suggest switching carriers, AT&T is on to you.

11-30-10 11:37 PM

Ive never seen my torch lag on os6 and the keyboard is completely preference as is trackpad. Maybe you had a bad one or pre .246 or .337

In other news id call att and tell them to give you what they said they would or you will switch providers and see what they say.
    12-01-10 12:22 AM
    That is very odd. After my 5th 9700 AT&T gave me a brand new 9800 as a warranty
    exchange for free AND allowed me to keep the 9700 (they literally did not want it back)

I'd definitely call them back and request (note I did not say demand) they make
    this right.
    12-01-10 05:19 AM
    I totally agree. If the CSR gives you static, ask to speak to a supervisor.

12-01-10 06:24 AM
    Interesting, the OP says that he/she went through 7 9700's and is basically attacked. On the other hand, Graceless goes through 5 9700's and all is well?
    12-01-10 06:29 AM
    Tucker it all depends on the CSR I guess and the manner in which the customer approaches the discussion.

I always go for super nice (shut up y'all. I can do nice now and then )

Posted from my 9800 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 07:38 AM
    Interesting, the OP says that he/she went through 7 9700's and is basically attacked. On the other hand, Graceless goes through 5 9700's and all is well?
    Umm..ONE person made an offhand comment about perhaps being user error. There were no other "attacks" on the OP. Nice try though..
    12-01-10 07:39 AM
    Umm..ONE person made an offhand comment about perhaps being user error. There were no other "attacks" on the OP. Nice try though..
    Don't waste your time. That guy is one of our biggest trolls and a failure at even that.

12-01-10 07:53 AM
    Don't waste your time. That guy is one of our biggest trolls and a failure at even that.

I will tell you like I tell the rest. Stop swinging, it doesn't become you.
    12-01-10 08:07 AM
    Tucker it all depends on the CSR I guess and the manner in which the customer approaches the discussion.

I always go for super nice (shut up y'all. I can do nice now and then )

Uh, ok.
    12-01-10 06:08 PM

Hmm. Well, everyone is allowed to change their mind.....again.

@Itzjusnick- As suggested by AG, I would ask to speak with a supervisor and take it from there. IMO, the 9800 is as good as you're going to get within any of the current Blackberries and better than others. So, if you can't replace it, make it work for you. Also, "all" carriers have some type of issues. I have family members/friends on all carriers. "ALL" complain during the holidays or whenever we get together. So, don't believe the hype. The my carrier is better is all BS to me.
    12-01-10 06:20 PM
    Will someone please tell me why no one has banned 67Tucker yet?

Anyway good luck on getting them to replace the device. I recommend you do as Amazinglygraceless recommends. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    12-01-10 07:17 PM

That's why I added tucker to my Ignore List. We should feel honored. He is an equal opportunity troll haunting android and RIM device forums with his vitroloc drivel.
    12-01-10 08:35 PM
    No offense to the moderators who have a difficult job. I have often wondered the same as there is supposed to be a zero tolerance policy on troll posts.
    12-01-10 08:39 PM
    Ouch! I guess the truth really does hurt.
    12-01-10 09:00 PM
    The truth that you're just an As*hole? that's been known for a long time now.
    12-01-10 10:17 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD