So I dropped my torch about 2 weeks ago, and it screwed up the slider, to the point where I claimed it on my ATT insurance thru Asurion and got a replacement. However, over the past few days, I am starting to get a squeaking sound on the lock button. It is EXTREMELY annoying because every time I lock/unlock the device, it is quite noticeable. It almost sounds as if plastic is rubbing against plastic with squeak or creaking sound.

In any case, I would like to avoid making another claim and forking over the $125USD again. Does anyone know if there is any chance Asurion will think of this as a defective device and give me a free replacement?

Thanks always in advance!!
    10-31-10 10:05 AM
    Also, and I know this is a long shot, but because it seems to be a defect, any chance I could bring it into an ATT store?
    10-31-10 10:09 AM
    Take it to a warranty exchabge center.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 10:17 AM
    Take it to a warranty exchabge center.

Sorry, but what is a warranty exchange center? Is this something thru ATT's stores?

10-31-10 10:23 AM
    It's through an AT&T Corporate owned store, not an authorized reseller. Most of the resllers are not equipped to handle warranty issues. I've gotten a dud before from Asurion. I've just called them and explained the phone had issues and they sent another one just like the first one. You will need to return the old phone by the given time frame or they will charge your account for it. This will NOT count towards your 2 phones per year claim.
    10-31-10 10:36 AM
    It's through an AT&T Corporate owned store, not an authorized reseller. Most of the resllers are not equipped to handle warranty issues. I've gotten a dud before from Asurion. I've just called them and explained the phone had issues and they sent another one just like the first one. You will need to return the old phone by the given time frame or they will charge your account for it. This will NOT count towards your 2 phones per year claim.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the tip. I actually just got off the phone w/ Asurion and they're sending me a free replacement, so it worked out fine.

Thanks again for all the info, AFCEA.
    10-31-10 11:11 AM
    ?? We have warranty exchange centers. That is all they do. Walk in with defective products owned after the first 30 days but less than the 1 year warranty period, and they will exchange prodcuts like for like free of charge. You have to be an att subscriber with an account in good standing.

10-31-10 03:59 PM
    The lock button on mine also squeeked for a few weeks adter purchasing the phone, and for some weird reason it just went away.
    I have never dropped the phone (yet). I remember I would squeeze the part where the lock buttton was and the noise would go away.

I yave no idea what caused it nor how in the world it went away!

10-31-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD