I want to free up some of the memory and stop running some of the processes that are <0 ( or is it >0) on my phone. I checked out application manger and I only have about 138Mb of memory left. How do I properly uninstall some of the apps? I tried to uninstall the native 'espn' app and it left a blank icon on the menu screen. I viewed some of the running programs on the phone with the application manager and how do I stop some of these programs from running? I would like to stop some but not to uninstall them. I know programs like 'weather channel' are always running to constantly update the weather right? but for the other ones that I do not need all the time i would simply just like to stop them from running. It also seems as if the 'OS 6' is taking up alot of memory, is this because of the extra apps that i have downloaded and the messages in my inbox that i have not deleted?
    10-02-10 10:57 AM
    I don't know how you could have only 138MB left - that's ridiculous. How many apps do you have installed? I have 302MB free with about a dozen apps installed.

The ESPN "app" is just an icon so that's not going to save you any space.

The application manager will ALWAYS show messages, bbm, browser, home and phone running. You cannot close those.

Other apps, if you want to close them, you just open them and then hit the menu button and choose close or exit etc. Some apps will close when you just use the back button to get out of them but some will stay open unless you manually close.

A lot of the AT&T junk btw, are just icons. If they aren't in application management they're just icons - if they are, you can delete them in most cases. Some just won't have the option to delete. If they're just icons, deleting them will not help. They will come back eventually as they are pushed on to your phone by service books - you just have to hide them and ignore them.
    10-02-10 03:48 PM
    I will double check my application manager and uninstall any unneeded programs that i will never use.
    10-02-10 03:55 PM
    Here is where I'am after I uninstalled ProOnGo the business expense app. For some reason my battery is is draining more quickly than normal. I have turn my gps, bluetooth, and all apps of and it is still draining. I think I may have some apps running in the 'application manager' that I may not need to have on but I dont know how to turn them off. I may have a memory leak too bc something is taking up alot of my memory.
    10-03-10 08:25 PM
    I don't see anything wrong. I have 306MB storage free and 247MB memory free and I don't have many applications installed. Why do you think there's a problem?
    10-03-10 08:51 PM
    I don't see anything wrong. I have 306MB storage free and 247MB memory free and I don't have many applications installed. Why do you think there's a problem?
    Bc I have installed five apps on my own and they have been relatively small in file size. I just think there is something sucking the memory from my phone. I will delete apps that I do not use. Also my battery I'd draining a lot quicker since I downloaded the extra apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 09:24 PM
    Are you still running the original OS? If so I would update to .246 and then install 1 app at a time and see if it is still draining the battery. Your free memory looks normal to me.
    10-03-10 09:33 PM
    Are you still running the original OS? If so I would update to .246 and then install 1 app at a time and see if it is still draining the battery. Your free memory looks normal to me.
    Still running the original. Upgrading is on my ToDo list. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 11:36 PM
    You should DEFINITELY upgrade and not worry about this for now - my next suggestion to you would be to wipe anyways - which an upgrade does for you.

Again, I have a dozen apps installed and 302MB free...

...is one of your 5 apps a huge 50MB app or something?
    10-04-10 06:12 AM
    i will upgrade now since att has the official .246 update up and running. i have uninstalled all unneeded apps off my phone, but i will look for more
    10-06-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD