New in OS6 is the Application Management screen within the options (or search it up using the handy dandy universal search). On this screen, you can check how much memory is taken up by each app, how much each app is used in terms of time, what apps are actually running, and how much CPU power is taken up by each task.

So my question is, in your experience (or perhaps if you have any technical knowledge), just how reliable is this new feature? The reason why I ask is that most of the applications seem to stay at 0% CPU useage, even when I'm using them. For instance, I'm currently listening to music using the standard media player and streaming it through my bluetooth headsets, yet it says 0% useage. Is that normal?

I'm trying to optimize the performance of my phone, and I hope this tool is of any use. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 09:13 PM
    anything running will show some % even 0 of the total CPU. So the media player was prob. not using enough that it showed a higher percentage. I would assume it is fairly accurate.
    10-06-10 12:20 AM
    anything running will show some % even 0 of the total CPU. So the media player was prob. not using enough that it showed a higher percentage. I would assume it is fairly accurate.
    Well, some applications show a usage percentage of "<1%", so the threshold is very low for applications to register on it.
    10-06-10 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD