Hi All-

Posted a few months back and checked recently and still no solution! I simply want the phone to lock when I slide the keyboard closed. It opens automatically anyway on keyboard open.

Ill pay for any app that does this. Seems a simple thing to do I guess but im not a developer so cant really say! Anyone with any info how I can do this?

Much appreciated.

Ajay
    12-09-10 09:23 AM
    Just hit the lock button that's on the top of your phone. Works for me.
    12-09-10 05:34 PM
    no need to pay for anything. it's the top left button, that's all it does. i hit it all the time getting it in and out of holster.
    12-09-10 08:18 PM
    true, but that specific lock can be a little annoying since the phone can be unlocked everytime it's in your pocket. You need to keep it in a holster or be veeerryy careful you don't lean against something where you have your torch...
    12-10-10 10:06 AM
    I've put my phone in my pocket a few times and it's never unlocked on it's own.
    12-10-10 10:59 AM
    by using the top lock button, the screen will come to life when pulled out by accidently hitting a button but the device is still locked
    12-10-10 11:38 AM
    true, but that specific lock can be a little annoying since the phone can be unlocked everytime it's in your pocket. You need to keep it in a holster or be veeerryy careful you don't lean against something where you have your torch...
    So true. Mine ulocks in my pocket all the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 12:22 PM
    You can put a password on to lock your phone!
    12-12-10 01:51 AM
    ^there's a risk to that, since it's touchscreen.

You might exceed the number of retries allowed and everything gets wiped out.

Been having this problem too. Annoying as.
    12-12-10 03:23 AM
    buy the OEM holster by RIM
    12-12-10 03:30 AM

Set password attempts to unlimited like I did
    12-12-10 03:38 AM
    yes i set my password tries to 10 i figure that should be enough times to get it right atleast for me
    12-14-10 01:17 AM

There's no risk. Once you get to the 5th attempt, you will be prompted to type in "blackberry" before continuing. This is to address the concerns of pocket wiping.

Touchscreens also don't respond to fabrics and non-conductive material, unless the pocket is close enough to your skin.

12-14-10 06:41 AM
    Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

Set password attempts to unlimited like I did
    How did u set it to unlimited? 10 is max for me.

12-14-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD