I love the 9810. My problem is that it ran out of on board application memory and started to run very slow. Got the Z10 now due to a BlackBerry special and it's nice but I want my 9810 back. Any one knows how to increase the on board memory to at least a gig?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:54 AM
    Two things, first internal memory is not ROM(read-only memory) and second I don't think you can increase the internal memory, it's probably solded to the motherboard.
    12-26-13 11:58 AM
    Thank you for your input.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:39 PM
    i went from 9810 to the Z10 and never looked back. sure there are some things it did differently or even apart but i don't want it back. why do you want it back? my whole reasoning is this same problem, that the 9810 didn't have enough memory to have and maintain a good amount of apps, just some. hell, i'm running into the same problem with the Z10 as 16GB isn't enough for me... lol go figure. but on the other hand, i'm almost full on the Z10 memory and it still runs as quick as when i first bought it. even more so now with 10.2
    12-30-13 09:35 PM
    I'm falling in love with the Z10 daily. However, I still like the keyboard and the slider. I use the phone for business. Both are great business phones. I'm in contact with people day and night. It is much easier to answer and close calls on the 9810. The Z10 has great many advantages but the few the 9810 have over the Z10 are monumental for me. I'll give it some time and see what happens when I am able to download 10.2. I may end up with the Q10. Thanks for your thoughts. Be well

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:50 PM
    I'm falling in love with the Z10 daily. However, I still like the keyboard and the slider. I use the phone for business. Both are great business phones. I'm in contact with people day and night. It is much easier to answer and close calls on the 9810. The Z10 has great many advantages but the few the 9810 have over the Z10 are monumental for me. I'll give it some time and see what happens when I am able to download 10.2. I may end up with the Q10. Thanks for your thoughts. Be well

Posted via CB10
    let me know how you like the Q10 if you do get it. would like someone else's opinion about it who also owned a 9810.
    01-04-14 12:05 AM
    Regarding memory - I doubt there's any way to increase it other than reduce the apps and stuff... If you mean storage, then simply buy a 32GB memory card and insert it near the battery...

I am in the same boat as the other responders... I ADORE my 9810, but, am afraid to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 for lack of features I need from BlackBerry 7... I use Saved Messages and BB10 won't accept them from what I've read... I heavily rely on the Calendar, but, I've read the Agenda view has issues... I use LastPass and I hear there is no app for BB10... I use BeBuzz but hear it does not work on BB10... I love the photo gallery of BB7 and am not sure if its as good in BB10... Etc Etc...
    01-04-14 06:57 AM
    wow....i can't just wrap my head around the thinking that BBOS offers something(s) that are so awesome someone will choose to stay with that OS and not migrate to the BB10 platform...i used the 9810...actually, two 9810s before i got my Z10 in March 2013.....

Yes, BB10 platform has not achieved 100% native features parity with the BBOS7.1 that we have all loved over the years and some application developers who developed for BBOS have refused to develop a BB10 version of specific titles but i'm not sure there's anything you do or use on the BBOS that you wont find an equivalent on BB10 platform that is faster and better...it takes a few days to learn how the BB10 platform works but rest assured, once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder why you took so long to cross over

@9700_user,
    Calendar on the BB10 is most def better than on BBOS and the agenda view has no issues that i know of....it so integrated into the OS that you can send meeting invites, let meeting participants know you're running late and create all sorts of business stuff with it right from inside the calendar app

Photo gallery on BB10 also rocks. i like it better than that of the BBOS...it comes with filters and all sorts of photo editing features inbuilt and you can share to more apps

like i mentioned earlier, if there are specific titles you're interested in, just look for an alternative BB10 version in BB world
    01-08-14 04:29 AM
    Walcolm - I hope you're correct... I'm receiving a Z10 today... I have another thread going, so, I'll post my experience there...
    extisis likes this.
    01-08-14 04:39 AM
    wow....i can't just wrap my head around the thinking that BBOS offers something(s) that are so awesome someone will choose to stay with that OS and not migrate to the BB10 platform...i used the 9810...actually, two 9810s before i got my Z10 in March 2013.....

Yes, BB10 platform has not achieved 100% native features parity with the BBOS7.1 that we have all loved over the years and some application developers who developed for BBOS have refused to develop a BB10 version of specific titles but i'm not sure there's anything you do or use on the BBOS that you wont find an equivalent on BB10 platform that is faster and better...it takes a few days to learn how the BB10 platform works but rest assured, once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder why you took so long to cross over

@9700_user,
    Calendar on the BB10 is most def better than on BBOS and the agenda view has no issues that i know of....it so integrated into the OS that you can send meeting invites, let meeting participants know you're running late and create all sorts of business stuff with it right from inside the calendar app

Photo gallery on BB10 also rocks. i like it better than that of the BBOS...it comes with filters and all sorts of photo editing features inbuilt and you can share to more apps

like i mentioned earlier, if there are specific titles you're interested in, just look for an alternative BB10 version in BB world
    the only feature i really truly miss from my 9810 was the mobile hotspot function with the AT&T bypass. It was only found on certain OS releases as well. and even before that I was using the Tether app to share my internet through bluetooth. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible on BB10 with AT&T unless you pay for it (not worth it) and Tether says they're developing an app for BB10 but have yet to see anything as small as a news update.

the PlayBook also helped in my decision to cross over to BB10. I got it the same year I got my 9810 and loved it; read about BB10 and how the Tablet OS was supposed to convert, I was psyched and couldn't wait to buy the Z10 once AT&T had it. so i did and have never regretted it. I do still miss mobile hotspot functionality... isn't 10.2.1 supposed to have Wi-Fi Direct or is that only on the Z30 or did I just dream that?
    01-09-14 08:21 PM