Anyone tried Google reader and RSS feed on the Torch yet?
    08-29-10 06:30 PM
    i use berryreader..works great just like on the 9700 - although i wish i could tap a feed and have it open instead of having to press the trackpad. hopefully they'll update that.
    I prefer it over the built in rss reader and it syncs with your google reader account.
    08-29-10 06:49 PM
    The mobile version of Google Reader works great for me.

I currently prefer it over the Social Feeds/RSS feeds app because you can't specify how many stories to keep nor how long to keep them...and you can't delete them either. After a few days I had hundreds of RSS feeds on my device and it was slowing things down. I uninstalled Social Feeds and will try it again when RIM updates it.

Search this forum for thread titles with RSS and/or Social Feeds and you'll see a lot of discussion about it.
    08-29-10 07:01 PM
    I tried the RSS feed that came with the Torch and like others immediately disabled. I am using Google RSS reader for the moment. Better than what came with the Torch, but still not 100% satisfying for me. Google allows you to choose several different catagories, however doesn't allow you to choose feeds under those categories...all feeds or nothing.
    I WANT MY VIIGO BACK. It is the only complaint I have about the Torch (OS version)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 08:13 PM
    I use Viigo as my RSS reader. If you download Viigo for Storm 2 it works just fine. I've had it on my Torch for over a week now.
    08-29-10 09:03 PM
    dlu1999: thanks for the advice on that. I'm returning to Viigo too. Don't like the Social Feed app on my Torch. Very slow.
    08-29-10 09:29 PM
    Thanks! Just installed Viigo, logged in and all my old feeds were there. Ahhhh.....

08-29-10 09:34 PM
    From my understanding of this thread, the built in rss reader on the torch is crappy and a good alternative is the google reader (which i have on my desktop) and viigo.
    09-30-10 09:38 AM
    berryreader kills viigo or google reader mobile... i used to be a faithful user of viigo but since berryreader came out i've never gone back.

berryreader combined with google reader is the best rss experience IMO
    10-13-10 07:34 PM
    Quick question...are you guys disabling the Social Feeds or deleting right off the phone?

10-13-10 07:45 PM
    I'm surprised at all the hate for Social Feeds. I love the application and I used to be a heavy Viigo user. I have it marked as a favorite and use it several times a day. I think it's very elegant and works very well. Admittedly, I only subscribe to four different feeds. If I had dozens of feeds it is possible that I would miss Viigo.
    10-13-10 08:14 PM
    Quick question...are you guys disabling the Social Feeds or deleting right off the phone?
    I have removed social feeds from the device. I see no point in having it installed if I'm not going to use it.

I'm surprised at all the hate for Social Feeds. I love the application and I used to be a heavy Viigo user. I have it marked as a favorite and use it several times a day. I think it's very elegant and works very well. Admittedly, I only subscribe to four different feeds. If I had dozens of feeds it is possible that I would miss Viigo.
    The social feeds part of it is worthless for me. I don't tweet, I rarely post FB status updates, etc.

The RSS part is nice but I hate having hundreds of RSS stories on my device with no way to delete them and no way to limit how many of them are there. If only I could do that I'd surely use it instead of using the mobile web version of Google Reader, which is actually decent enough.
    10-13-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD