I know there have been quite a few threads about people returning the Torch when it was released running on .141 or .161, but I haven't seen any since the OS leaks. So if you have returned since upgrading to .215 or .225, i'd like to hear why. And please exclude any returns based on hardware issues such as screen wiggle or overheating. I want to hear about returns based on the updated O/S.

9 days and counting...
    09-15-10 02:05 PM
    I know you are looking for people who are returning their Torch, but I upgraded to .225 yesterday and my phone is working way better now. RIM hasn't fixed all the bugs but they fixed the most vexing in my opinion such as touch screen responsiveness, scrolling in the home screen, etc. After the upgraded, I don't want to return it now even if I was still within my return policy.
    09-15-10 05:35 PM
    already out of my return policy since the 12th..
    but it never cross my mind to return the phone within the 30 day period.
    still on .214 right now.. which is running pretty smoothly.
    09-15-10 05:38 PM
    I bought mine on the day of launch in the US, upgraded to .225 today and have never looked back. This phone is perfect for what I need to do. iPhone is okay but that is why I have an iPad and a BB.....best of both worlds!
    09-15-10 05:49 PM
    I had absolutely no thoughts or reason to return it with .141, never mind with the latest build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 06:03 PM
    It's scary for me (and especially RIM I'd imagine) to think of how many people who returned the Torch might have kept it if they had .225
    09-15-10 06:14 PM
    In order to do the OS upgrade does it have to be dont via a computer or can it be done through the device itself? on any blackberry that I ever had with Verizon, I was able to do an "over the air upgrade" right from the device. That was kind of nice. I hope the same can be done with AT&T.
    09-15-10 06:17 PM
    It's scary for me (and especially RIM I'd imagine) to think of how many people who returned the Torch might have kept it if they had .225
    Well, if RIM had their sh*t together and had released it with at least .214......

Maybe they have learned a lesson?
    09-15-10 06:18 PM
    In order to do the OS upgrade does it have to be dont via a computer or can it be done through the device itself? on any blackberry that I ever had with Verizon, I was able to do an "over the air upgrade" right from the device. That was kind of nice. I hope the same can be done with AT&T.
    Only after they OS updates are officially released, not leaks.
    09-15-10 06:19 PM
    Well this is good news. Not one negative post from anyone who has upgraded to .215/.225

Lesson learned RIM. Hope it doesn't prove too costly.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    09-15-10 08:32 PM
    Well this is good news. Not one negative post from anyone who has upgraded to .215/.225

Lesson learned RIM. Hope it doesn't prove too costly.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    What's tomorrow?
    09-15-10 08:37 PM
    What's tomorrow?
    RIM announces their quarterly results
    09-15-10 08:39 PM
    I found another person who was disappointed with her torch. I asked her what OS version she had and she said she didn't know. I helped her update to .214 and she absolutely loves the phone now (she was frustrated with the lag the phone would get after receiving a notification.)
    09-15-10 08:52 PM
    Leaks.

LoL.

What a joke.

09-15-10 09:16 PM
    Leaks.

LoL.

What a joke.

09-15-10 09:21 PM
    I'm a first time BB owner and after installing 225 I'm amazed at how much smoother it runs. Not a bad choice I'd say, even after reading the warnings and possible risks. Glad I found this site

09-15-10 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD