With all these arguments here I have a really good solution for you. Get rid of your blackberry, get an iphone/android, whatever and then quit coming to the BB forums.
    so i don't have the right to talk about the fact that i dont' like the torch in the thread entitled "Anyone not happy with the BB Torch like they thought?"

THANKS BUDDY

nice advice
    08-19-10 11:24 PM
    as posted in a thread I just created, my Torch is randomly locking up, and that is not acceptable.
    08-19-10 11:25 PM
    so i don't have the right to talk about the fact that i dont' like the torch in the thread entitled "Anyone not happy with the BB Torch like they thought?"

THANKS BUDDY

nice advice
    No... my issue is that your avatar suggests that you carry a blackberry and you are clearly unhappy with it. Personally, I think the bickering is quite amusing. Good luck!
    08-19-10 11:26 PM
    For the record... I love my Torch. I didn't have any expectations of it doing some of what my iphone did but I didn't and don't really care. I needed the calendering, email and keyboard. That is why I switched and it works for me.
    08-19-10 11:28 PM
    Got mine on launch day, very satisfied with it. I have none of the reported issues, it does everything fast without hesitation, the little extra weight gives it solidness, and battery life is about 150% better than my 9000. It's just an overall solid improvement over my 9000, I could never go back to it.
    Threads like this that show how disheartened a lot of 9800 owners are with the device are good since it makes people who are considering getting the phone such as myself, think more cautiously and thoroughly before getting it. And then a quote like the one above comes along and totally shatters any caution I have and decide that I want this phone
    08-19-10 11:38 PM
    Loyalist lol. I have had every iPhone, most blackberrys, nokias, All the Androids back to the g1. I like phones period. Fact is, the Torch is a good phone and is getting a bad wrap. No it's not perfect. Yes could have a better processor ( then people would ***** about battery) and yes the screen could be better. Android could have a better music player, better battery management. iPhone could have better notifications and not locked to iTunes. Palm pre could have had better hardware and battery. Nokia n900 could have had better phone functions. Where does it end?
    Those are all decent points you just made but there's no reason to be getting on katiepea's case. The thread is titled "Anyone not happy with the BB Torch like they thought?", so you knew what you were getting into when you opened the thread. She's entitled to her opinion, and if it gets bad enough this phone will get it's own Rants & Raves forum like the 9530. Being the thread police will get you nowhere. Just be glad you like your Torch and go to a different thread if you can't handle other people's opinions.
    08-19-10 11:43 PM
    Soundwave... think of it like this..
    of all of the Torches that were sold the only ones that have issues are being posted here. For everyone ******** there are a hundred who aren't.
    08-19-10 11:43 PM
    i will wait for a 2nd generation touch screen BB that comes out. BB 9650 does the job well! ATT doesn't do it for me.
    hoping Sprint will step up the BB game and get off the Android Sack!
    Last edited by bloodlinebb; 08-20-10 at 01:03 AM.
    08-20-10 01:01 AM
    Soundwave... think of it like this..
    of all of the Torches that were sold the only ones that have issues are being posted here. For everyone ******** there are a hundred who aren't.
    Amen to that. Too many Sad Stories. thumbs up!
    08-20-10 01:02 AM
    Those are all decent points you just made but there's no reason to be getting on katiepea's case. The thread is titled "Anyone not happy with the BB Torch like they thought?", so you knew what you were getting into when you opened the thread. She's entitled to her opinion, and if it gets bad enough this phone will get it's own Rants & Raves forum like the 9530. Being the thread police will get you nowhere. Just be glad you like your Torch and go to a different thread if you can't handle other people's opinions.
    Yes your right and so is she/he in pertaining to the thread topic. seems all threads are ***** sessions instead of informative like the old days. will probabaly not hang out much here. nothing constructive to learn it seems
    08-20-10 07:13 AM
    Yes your right and so is she/he in pertaining to the thread topic. seems all threads are ***** sessions instead of informative like the old days. will probabaly not hang out much here. nothing constructive to learn it seems
    Agreed... this used to be a place to find useful info. No just a bunch of people with nothing better to do than ***** about technology that no one is forcing them to use.

To those of you who are helpful and aren't here just to ***** please realize this is not pointed at you. We appreciate what you bring to the table.
    08-20-10 07:25 AM
    at the end of the day..i'm still liking this phone after a week..
    and that's ALL that matters to ME,Myself and I.
    08-20-10 07:29 AM
    Having used most of the recent BBs and iPhones so far, my view is that they're different machines catering to different users. Work won't let me use an iPhone and in any case, with the amount of emails I do on the road, I need a physical keyboard. For personal use, I would take the iPhone.

So I ended up using both but often end up missing the old "voice and SMS only" phones that you only charge once a week and never have to worry about lag, freezes, updates, syncing etc etc....

Torch and iPhone in pockets, iPad and notebook in bag, chargers for all of them at home, car and in bag - how did I ever survive back in the days with just a beeper and a phonecard???

Enough reminiscing....

The Torch is awesome. I just wanted a bigger screen with a physical keyboard and I now have it.
    08-20-10 08:20 AM
    I wonder why people buy a device they don't like from a company they don't respect and then try to convince the people who are happy with the device and the company that they have superior technological knowledge or intellect.

I don't care for Android - I don't go to the Android forum and rant. I had an iPhone and returned it - I don't go there anymore. Why, if you detest the Torch so much and despise RIM so absolutely do you spend time trying to convince the people who are happy that they are somehow delusional?

Oh, and to stay on topic...no I'm not happy with the Torch the way I thought I would be. I am *happier* than I thought I would be because I keep finding little things that I'm loving. And there are a couple of things I don't like (lower battery life, no contacts for the cradle) but overall I am not happy, I'm happier.

Do yourself a favour - life is very short. No need to be that unhappy or bitter. Really, it's not worth it. Go get yourself whatever you like. I happen to love my Torch. And by the way, I have owned every smartphone platform except for Android and Nokia. I just donated I don't know how many phones to the AT&T Cellphones for Soldiers and another bunch to the local woman's shelter. I buy what I like, I keep what I like. Do yourself a favour - do the same.
    08-20-10 08:51 AM
    Ah okay, so unless you blindly love outdated technology you're a troll, spammer, and not contributing to the board in any way. Sure

Remember that a lot of people have Blackberries because they are forced to own one through work, and in my case, I'm waiting for the right phone to switch to. I used to love BB's but they've failed a ton recently.
    08-20-10 08:59 AM
    i agree on all of those points actually, but for the billionth time now, this isn't about experience as to what has what. this is about the fact that rim is charging the same amount of money as google, htc, apple, samsung, for a far inferior version of hardware. i would understand if data plans for bb were cheaper or if the phone was under 100 bucks. but it's not, it's priced up there with the big boys, so comparisons are very fair. it ends when they price it in the league it should be priced in.
    Ok so go to Amazon.com and get your Torch for $99 and quit complaining.

It's the best BlackBerry device to date, so it deserves the $199 price tag IMO. Hardware specs on paper are not everything. It's hardware is inferior to the latest Droids and iPhone4 and yet I wouldn't trade my Torch for both of them together.

Honestly if I could get the best Droid or iPhone4 for $199 and pay an extra $100 to keep the hardware and install BB6 on it, I'd do it (assuming I could get a RIM physical keyboard to slide out too lol).
    Last edited by jeffreii; 08-20-10 at 09:04 AM.
    08-20-10 09:00 AM
    I don't care for Android. And by the way, I have owned every smartphone platform except for Android
    Ok, now I get it!
    Last edited by JumpShot; 08-20-10 at 09:18 AM.
    08-20-10 09:15 AM
    Ah okay, so unless you blindly love outdated technology you're a troll, spammer, and not contributing to the board in any way. Sure

Remember that a lot of people have Blackberries because they are forced to own one through work, and in my case, I'm waiting for the right phone to switch to. I used to love BB's but they've failed a ton recently.
    Show me in my statement that called anyone a troll, spammer, and said that they did not contribute. And I'll give you two to your one and raise you a

I have a 9650 for work, it's not mine. It's my employer's. I use it because I have to. I would prefer a 9800, but I can't have it. I don't go to the 9650 forum to bemoan to the skies that I can't have a 9800.

For me, the 9800 technology is exactly what I wanted. And I will buy the refresh when it comes. Or I may buy something else. You feel it's outdated, I don't. Your *opinion* based on what *you* like is not the same as mine. My *wants* are not the same as yours. I don't shove mine down your throat, and I'll be damned if I'll sit back to allow someone's opinion shoved down mine.

What you missed in my post, because you were so busy reacting to it, was that I have owned every platform except for Android (don't like it, won't own it) and Nokia (never turned my head) so I have jumped platforms before. And I may again. I'm looking lustingly at the Dell devices that will be coming out later this year - Smoke, Lighting, Thunder and Flash. And I *may* go there.

So... I'm happy with my Torch.
    08-20-10 09:36 AM
    Ok, now I get it!

Nah, it didn't turn my head. One member of my team has a Droid and another has the Incredible. I played with the Incredible all the way to NY on the Acela two weeks ago. I played with the Droid when it first came out on a trip to Seattle. Something just didn't click with me, so I won't buy one.
    08-20-10 09:41 AM
    Nah, it didn't turn my head. One member of my team has a Droid and another has the Incredible. I played with the Incredible all the way to NY on the Acela two weeks ago. I played with the Droid when it first came out on a trip to Seattle. Something just didn't click with me, so I won't buy one.
    That makes sense. Android isn't for everyone.
    08-20-10 09:43 AM
    I should rephrase that...I haven't bought one yet. Like I said, there are some Dell devices that I'm lusting after and they're showing up later this year.
    So who knows. I do have two lines, I still have the one I had with the iPhone.

Dell’s beautiful smartphones: Lightning, Flash, Thunder & Smoke � Icrontic Tech
    08-20-10 09:53 AM
    eh, I don't know. I've been on CB non stop for several hours on end and my head is spinning. I'm disappointed with the Torch but I don't like the alternatives. Seems like the 9780 will do it for me.
    08-20-10 02:54 PM
    Show me in my statement that called anyone a troll, spammer, and said that they did not contribute. And I'll give you two to your one and raise you a

I have a 9650 for work, it's not mine. It's my employer's. I use it because I have to. I would prefer a 9800, but I can't have it. I don't go to the 9650 forum to bemoan to the skies that I can't have a 9800.

For me, the 9800 technology is exactly what I wanted. And I will buy the refresh when it comes. Or I may buy something else. You feel it's outdated, I don't. Your *opinion* based on what *you* like is not the same as mine. My *wants* are not the same as yours. I don't shove mine down your throat, and I'll be damned if I'll sit back to allow someone's opinion shoved down mine.

What you missed in my post, because you were so busy reacting to it, was that I have owned every platform except for Android (don't like it, won't own it) and Nokia (never turned my head) so I have jumped platforms before. And I may again. I'm looking lustingly at the Dell devices that will be coming out later this year - Smoke, Lighting, Thunder and Flash. And I *may* go there.

So... I'm happy with my Torch.
    I think it's pretty broadly accepted that BB's are, for consumer use, old and outdated, out of touch. The prevailing attitude on the board seems to be "what's with all the trolls" even though most of us are annoyed BB people. I don't get the people who already have other phones and are coming back to CB.

Also, the Torch 9800 and "New: BB6!" forums are a little interchangeable at this point, which is why I read both. If you're a heavy-messaging type and like what the 9800 has to offer, that's fine and cool. But the majority are getting tired of the refreshes and are sick of the half-hearted updates.
    08-20-10 03:12 PM
    Don't get what those who aren't happy with the Torch are looking for. I love mine, and I also have a Bold 9000, and 9700. Always loved my 9000 but come on! Torch blows them all away. I just think anyone who doesn't like it wouldn't be happy with anything. I love all the comments from people who don't even have one saying they don't like it because they touched it for two minutes in the store..lol. The people who are "waiting for the next Torch 2, or the bugs to be worked out first" are really missing out. Oh well, had to vent because all the negative comments bother me and are not justified.
    08-20-10 03:15 PM
    I wonder why people buy a device they don't like from a company they don't respect and then try to convince the people who are happy with the device and the company that they have superior technological knowledge or intellect.

I don't care for Android - I don't go to the Android forum and rant. I had an iPhone and returned it - I don't go there anymore. Why, if you detest the Torch so much and despise RIM so absolutely do you spend time trying to convince the people who are happy that they are somehow delusional?

Oh, and to stay on topic...no I'm not happy with the Torch the way I thought I would be. I am *happier* than I thought I would be because I keep finding little things that I'm loving. And there are a couple of things I don't like (lower battery life, no contacts for the cradle) but overall I am not happy, I'm happier.

Do yourself a favour - life is very short. No need to be that unhappy or bitter. Really, it's not worth it. Go get yourself whatever you like. I happen to love my Torch. And by the way, I have owned every smartphone platform except for Android and Nokia. I just donated I don't know how many phones to the AT&T Cellphones for Soldiers and another bunch to the local woman's shelter. I buy what I like, I keep what I like. Do yourself a favour - do the same.
    Well said.
    08-20-10 03:54 PM
138 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD