So I bought my Torch at full retail price since I wasn't due upgrade and wasn't adding a line. I just HAD TO to have it. Now that I've spent all day with it I've realized although it does have some amazingly cool things to customize, mess with, play with..I am not loving it like I thought I would. I feel like my Bold does just about the same as the Torch does, just doesn't have a touch screen obviously. Not only that but the one thing that has mostly bugged me is the weight difference! My wrists actually hurt holding this thing up after a while. I do have tiny wrist but still never thought a phone could make them ache. I found myself wanting to reactivate my Bold so I could use it and not have them hurt.
    So ok call me a wimp with weak wrists I guess but now that I have the Torch and admit I'm in awe with it..I think I'd be more satisfied sticking with my previous BB Bold 9700. Does anyone else feel the same? And am I the only one who thinks the Torch is pretty heavy?
    08-16-10 10:42 PM
    I played with the torch today. I was pretty disappointed with it. I personally hate touch screen keyboards with physical keyboards. I would MAYBE consider it if it wasn't a slider and didn't have the physical keyboard. I love my 9700 and definitely won't get the torch. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:34 PM
    Ehhhhhhhhhh. I thought I was going to love it but its just an okay device. The physical keyboard is the star, IMO. I'm just not digging the OS and I miss my iPhone 3GS terribly. I'm thinking I will just return it...
    08-16-10 11:40 PM
    I loved it when I first got it. Now that I have used it for a while, I find OS6 too slow when trying to do every day things like open a BBM chat and send a message. Yes OS5 may have been "simpler", but it was also much faster to use, with everything being much easier/faster to access. I almost miss my 9700 actually.
    08-16-10 11:40 PM
    Yea i'm actually going to return it tomorrow. I'll glady take back my 600 dollars and my. 9700 maybe Torch 2 will be better..and much more lighter in weight!
    08-16-10 11:44 PM
    Im thinking the same thing, got mine today been checking it out all day, and not impressed. Having many issues with the Slow OS, browser issues, I think I will return and use my 9700 which worked great on the hybrid OS.
    08-17-10 12:27 AM
    I loved it when I first got it. Now that I have used it for a while, I find OS6 too slow when trying to do every day things like open a BBM chat and send a message. Yes OS5 may have been "simpler", but it was also much faster to use, with everything being much easier/faster to access. I almost miss my 9700 actually.
    Let me know if you plan on selling it. I am due for an upgrade for Rogers though...
    08-17-10 12:34 AM
    Ah, I'm on the phone with an AT&T rep right now as we speak. Returning this device tomorrow (no restocking fee for me since I bought it directly from them over the phone, yay). However, I don't have any of the original plastic wrapping for the stuff that came with it (yikes). Oh well. Its too bad...I had high hopes for this device. Back to my iPhone
    08-17-10 12:41 AM
    Well I was considering the Torch. I have a Captivate (had it for a week and a half), but now that I have been hearing the issues and now the price cut, well I think I will stick with the Captivate as it is the Best Android for the AT&T line up. Super Amoled screen, 16GB internal RAM (Yes 16GB and you can add a microsd card, which I added an 8GB card. Have more memory than I know what to do with. Plus, I have just heard the Captivate will be getting the Froyo 2.2 OS upgrade in Sept.

Yeah, in light of all that has happened today, I'll be sticking with the Captivate. To bad, I was really looking forward to the Torch!
    08-17-10 01:41 AM
    I have it. Love it. I've got two women at work who went to get it after they saw mine! We'll be sitting at lunch today, trading experiences! YAY!!!

08-17-10 04:52 AM
    Got mine on launch day, very satisfied with it. I have none of the reported issues, it does everything fast without hesitation, the little extra weight gives it solidness, and battery life is about 150% better than my 9000. It's just an overall solid improvement over my 9000, I could never go back to it.
    08-17-10 06:20 AM
    Mods should just make a unified sticky of torch complaints
    08-17-10 06:23 AM
    I have my Torch unlocked and im loving it a lot, the weight is a lil too much but still a. Awsome phone. I d t really touch myself but its a good thing it has a keyboard i love it.

08-17-10 06:30 AM
    I d t really touch myself but its a good thing it has a keyboard i love it.
    You do what You really like the Torch!!
    08-17-10 06:56 AM
    Mine went back yesterday...over all OS 6 is or will be great. No problem with browser.
    Major problem with setting up the 'favorites' screen and getting the apps to stay there. For no apparent reason they kept disappearing and when I looked on th e'all' screen they were still there and shows that they could ne 'unmarked' as a favorite....meaning they should still be shown on the favorite screen. also I thought it flew all over the place. too easy to touch something that sent you into a different app. also the lock key too sensitive, when you put in your pocket is always came back out and something was running. I didn't think I would like the smaller key board (like 9000) but not a problem for me. Could not use the virtual key board...too small.
    Overall may be a good phone in the future but NO way an iPhone or Droid. I would GLADLY pay the $200 to have a Bold 9000 with the same memory as the Torch.[/COLOR]
    08-17-10 08:37 AM
    i'm loving the torch since day 1..
    i don't really care if they sell 4 or 400,000..
    i' m saying 4 because the whole household bought 4.
    what i'm not happy about are the BB switchers who can't move on..
    yeah we get it.. you love the iphone 4, or the Droid x or the captivate..
    then post in those forum..
    right?
    no need to seek for validation in this forum everyday.
    08-17-10 08:52 AM
    I was looking forward to it for a long time. After six years of using Blackberry's I was looking for something different. I thought the Torch was it. Needless to say, I was wrong. I found it to be cumbersome to use; the slider does not slide very easily. The touch screen is unresponsive and the browser just plain stinks. RIM did a poor design of this device and should be ashamed of themselves. Here is a list of my complaints:

1. Touch screen lacks accuracy
    2. Underpowered
    3. Keyboard slider is difficult to open without pressing icons on the touch screen
    4. Weight and thickness; too heavy and too thick
    5. Screen layout and icon organization is convoluted. Needs to be planned out much better.
    6. Seems too fragile; afraid that if it drops, that's it
    7. Browser, although better than previous BB OS’s, still lacks; I don’t like it.
    8. Lack of available apps!

The straw that broke the camel’s back was the echo or "tinny" sound while speaking on the phone. It sounded like my voice was over-modulated or something. That's when I returned it. I'm done with Blackberry forever.

I switched to the Samsung Captivate and never looked back. It is by far the best Android phone AT&T has to offer. In my opinion, Android is the wave of the future. I believe that it will eventually surpass Blackberry. I love it.

Keep in mind everyone, that these are my opinions. I know we all do not agree. After using a Blackberry for so many years, the Captivate is a welcomed change. I truly believe that RIM rushed the Torch out the door and it was not properly tested. Their QA department is obviously lacking and quality control leaves a lot to be desired. They should have taken more time to properly plan out this device. If they had done so, I would never have switched to Android. Maybe I should be thanking them…
    08-17-10 08:58 AM
    Used the Torch for the past couple of days and now I'm back on my 9700. Like most the phone was great at 1st....then it just got frustrating using the touch screen and navigating through the OS. I'm mean OS 6 is definitely an upgrade especially with webkit, but it lagged much more than I'd like it too. Also like the OP mentioned this thing is pretty heavy and does feel awkward to hold after awhile...especially with keyboard open. I really wanted to like it but I just feel more comfortable with my 9700 and am now waiting for the 9780.

08-17-10 09:17 AM
    For 530.00 dollars a phone should. Be perfect. I know some things are open for interpretation, but the phone should operate as a phone 1st. Right? I'm waiting before I decide to upgrade to this phone. I do not want to be a stranded bb user waiting for RIM to work out the bugs.

08-17-10 04:46 PM
    This phone is the best of both worlds, for those people who HATE touch screens and for those who love the blackberry. I love my 9700 but change is good!
    If you are not adapting to the touch screen you are simply getting to old. Sorry to tell you!
    08-17-10 05:37 PM
    This phone is the best of both worlds, for those people who HATE touch screens and for those who love the blackberry. I love my 9700 but change is good!
    If you are not adapting to the touch screen you are simply getting to old. Sorry to tell you!
    so you're recommending a touchscreen phone for people who hate touchscreens? how does that make sense?
    08-17-10 05:41 PM
    so you're recommending a touchscreen phone for people who hate touchscreens? how does that make sense?
    I hope he's not in sales...
    08-17-10 05:54 PM
    Got mine on Friday. Love it. It has sent my Droid X to the shelf for the time being. Had an iPhone 4 (sent that pos) back after 5 days and 5 dropped calls in one day. It's funny people saying for x amount of dollars a phone should be perfect lol. In the same sentence say they are going to the iPhone lol uh heard of antenna gate ? No smart phone is perfect. I have literally had them all. On every carrier and they all have some type of issues. Pick your poison
    08-17-10 06:56 PM
    I hope the posters who are thinking of ditching the Torch b/c of the "tinny" sound have read about the OS upgrade to fix said issue before they toss the device. I think if people just hang on for a bit these little bugs will get ironed out. Of course there is the flip side to this in that it theoretically _should_ work perfectly straight out of the box, but hey, I'm not perfect either.
    08-17-10 06:58 PM
    Got mine on Friday. Love it. It has sent my Droid X to the shelf for the time being. Had an iPhone 4 (sent that pos) back after 5 days and 5 dropped calls in one day. It's funny people saying for x amount of dollars a phone should be perfect lol. In the same sentence say they are going to the iPhone lol uh heard of antenna gate ? No smart phone is perfect. I have literally had them all. On every carrier and they all have some type of issues. Pick your poison
    lol post pictures of both please, i doubt you have both phones, not to mention you'd need 2 phone services, if you think the torch is better, show video of it doing something better than the droid x. just one thing.
    08-17-10 06:59 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD