10-18-10 11:58 PM
29 12
tools
    I don't know about you - but i notice my self using my bb more and more.

Now with a browser that works -i find my self using it and putting my laptop aside. Im txting bbming and email more. Socialfeeds and os6 are absolutely stunning.

Is it just me?
    10-17-10 10:46 PM
    No, it's not just you. I agree with you. The more I use my Torch, the more I love it. I switched from a 9700 and, in the beginning, I was skeptical about the phone. I was so sold on the 9700 that I didn't think RIM could ever make a better phone. I was very wrong. For my uses, the Torch is simply magnificent. I've had no issues with it. It is solidly built, nothing wobbles, everything works as it should. You are right about the browser too. I find myself using it more and more. All in all, a great phone.
    10-17-10 10:56 PM
    I don't know about you - but i notice my self using my bb more and more.

Now with a browser that works -i find my self using it and putting my laptop aside. Im txting bbming and email more. Socialfeeds and os6 are absolutely stunning.

Is it just me?
    No, I don't believe so. Other than a couple of minor annoyances I am also not on the laptop near as much. I also love the SocialFeeds, though others seem to hate it. The new browser is great and very fast compared to my Curve 8520.
    10-17-10 10:59 PM
    Oh yea the more I use it the more I love it. The more I use it the more I learn about it. This thing just does so many things. Why wife has an ip4 and playing w/ my torch alittle while ago. She made the comment that it sucked that the torch can pretty much do what her ip4 can just as good and some cases better. She asked if the torch had a faster cpu. Really? Where has she been? That's rim's OSs. Rim builds OSs to go along well w/ the cpu intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 12:15 AM
    i love my blackberry torch!
    this was coming from 8330 on a cdma network.. very slow! hahahha
    such an improvement!
    10-18-10 12:21 AM
    I'm the same exact way as you. I tend to answer emails on my Torch even when I have my laptop right in front of me and I find myself looking things up on my Torch more often even when I'm at home.
    10-18-10 12:27 AM
    I'm on the web all the time on the Torch. Things I would normally go to my pc to look up I now do on the phone. I can't seem to put the phone down. Lol.

10-18-10 12:32 AM
    I also find myself on my Torch more and more, and I can only imagine how much I will end up using it as more updates come out to make the experience even better.

10-18-10 12:33 AM
    Well...after going through 3 devices and having to purchase 2 extra batteries and finally getting a solid model/battery...yea, I can't imagine life without it. The Universal Search is so handy and the more I use the phone, seems like I learn a new feature or shortcut everytime. The TeleNav is so spot on it makes me feel like my Garmin is unnecessary now. Plus with all the patches being released to fix annoying issues like BerryWeather, I'd feel like I was missing a limb without my Torch in my pocket.

10-18-10 12:36 AM
    Same here!

I previously had a Pearl 8130 for three years, and I was extremely close to getting an HTC Desire - but the advantages of BBM kept me waiting for the Torch (after all, I had spent the last three years converting all of my friends to BlackBerry!)

I'm extremely glad that I did - every day I use this device, I love it even more! It's truly the best of both worlds, with the touch screen and physical keyboard - I can't imagine using a phone without both, now.
    10-18-10 12:47 AM
    I just got a Torch and I'm loving every part of it except for the damn browser. Most of the time it doesn't work. And everything else works such as the RSS feeds, AIM, weather channel. Why not the browser? But overall, this phone is for the everyday user. I love the clock app it comes with and bedside mode. Since I can't get a clock next to my bed and bedside mode for the Torch dims everything so I don't have to be blinded at night trying to looking at the time unlike the older BBs. The calender is nicer, and I love the home page where it shows all your tasks, missed phone calls, updates, and such. The look is classy too. My previous BBs was a 8800 and a Curve 8310, and I couldn't get over the look of the 8800 and the keyboard. The Torch has all that and even more!
    Last edited by D3vin; 10-18-10 at 03:34 AM.
    10-18-10 03:30 AM
    I just got a Torch and I'm loving every part of it except for the damn browser. Most of the time it doesn't work. And everything else works such as the RSS feeds, AIM, weather channel. Why not the browser? But overall, this phone is for the everyday user. I love the clock app it comes with and bedside mode. Since I can't get a clock next to my bed and bedside mode for the Torch dims everything so I don't have to be blinded at night trying to looking at the time unlike the older BBs. The calender is nicer, and I love the home page where it shows all your tasks, missed phone calls, updates, and such. The look is classy too. My previous BBs was a 8800 and a Curve 8310, and I couldn't get over the look of the 8800 and the keyboard. The Torch has all that and even more!
    If you just got your Torch it probably has the stock 6.0 OS unless they've started sending out all newer units with the new .246 OS. But I'd check to see because the .246 OS made drastic improvements to the browser.

10-18-10 03:41 AM
    Never regretted upgrading from Storm 2 to Torch 9800 a week ago. Love the solid feel of this phone and OS 6 rocks. I'm still in the learning stage for this new device, many improvements seen, especially the browser. Now I can proudly say "can't live without my
    blackberry".
    Last edited by biznezring; 10-18-10 at 11:30 AM.
    10-18-10 03:42 AM
    Loving my torch, i've had it for just over a month and find myself using it more and more. Coming from an older curve 8310, absolutely love the browser, and the combination of physical keyboard and touch screen. I don't think I could do without now.

10-18-10 12:44 PM
    Just picked mine up last Friday and it's great. Came from a 9000 so I missed the bigger keyboard at first but after a few days on the Torch keyboard it's no problem at all. I went in to the store with eyes wide open after reading posts about the wobble, etc. and spent about 2 hours working it over. No lag issues browsing the web or watching videos on you tube, no wobble, no peeling phone/end keys, no issues at all. It's a solidly built device that I'm loving more & more each day.
    10-18-10 01:32 PM
    I wish I could agree... I'm on VZW - home of the lame and uninspired devices.

10-18-10 01:37 PM
    Could not agree more! Even the touchscreen keyboard is starting to grow on me. How is this phone not more popular?!
    10-18-10 01:47 PM
    Could not agree more! Even the touchscreen keyboard is starting to grow on me. How is this phone not more popular?!
    I think a lot of the initial reviews scared off a lot of people. Oh well. Their loss.

10-18-10 03:21 PM
    I love mine too !

10-18-10 04:38 PM
    I am going with everyone else here. I am also on it constantly and the wifi sync is pretty sweet and I just got the kindle app and all the jeremy clarkson books and that just made it 100% better

10-18-10 05:27 PM
    ^ + 1 on this experience

10-18-10 05:43 PM
    Loving mine. Purchased on 8-12 and haven't put down yet. Seems every day I find a new use. Business trip this week, drove 300 miles today (200 non-interstate) with Tel-Nav (AT&T maps) giving me directions. Had no phone service on parts of the trip but the map program stayed viable. Got a 'ding' and a voice telling me I was out of service area and another ding telling me I was back in. Currently using hotel WIFI to connect to internet. Use Poynt tonight to find a restaurant.

10-18-10 05:59 PM
    I was among the people bashing RIM for coming out with Torch with a slow processor. I have to say I am ashamed at jumping into conclusion before using the device. The company I work for decided to upgrade our BB to Torch and all I can say is WOW. The phone is simply fantastic. I even like it more than the Samsung Captivate! It feels great on my hand and I love the touch screen. OS .246 seems to have made to phone much more smoother. If only TMO would get this I would get one for personal use.
    10-18-10 06:11 PM
    Love my Torch. Despite my husband constantly remarking about how lame it is compared to his iPhone4. (he's a fanboy, BIG TIME) The Torch does the things I need it to do and I love it. No turning back for this gal.
    10-18-10 06:55 PM
    Even with my wobbly one I couldn't imagine using anything else........now when I finally get a solid one I'll be ecstatic. I know my wife loves her Torch and its rock solid.
    10-18-10 07:11 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD