Hi all,

I just got a Torch one, I like all features except the "auto-Rotate". ? I know it's useful but I think I dont like this feature. Is that anyone here knows how to turn it off or "disable" it? tks a lot in adcance.

Regards
    12-14-10 10:27 PM
    there is a paid app called sixtools that can lock the orientation
    12-14-10 10:31 PM
    Quicklaunch is another app that allows you to customize what you want to stop "tilt". It also offers a lot of one touch app launching capabilities that is well worth the money..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 11:16 PM
    I am starting to think a searh enginge prompt should be first. On the old system when posting from a PC a list of simiar threads would come up before the new thread was posted. Does it still do that on the new website?

12-15-10 12:09 AM
    Quicklaunch is another app that allows you to customize what you want to stop "tilt". It also offers a lot of one touch app launching capabilities that is well worth the money..

Where's this option located? I can't find it

12-15-10 02:07 AM
    In ql, its a feature you have to select via the options to be added to the system menu.

12-15-10 02:44 AM
    Six Tools does this as well.
    12-15-10 06:27 AM
    If you wish to lock it in portrait, a quick/cheap fix is to pop out the keyboard...

:-)
    12-15-10 06:54 AM
    I am starting to think a searh enginge prompt should be first. On the old system when posting from a PC a list of simiar threads would come up before the new thread was posted. Does it still do that on the new website?

Still does this when posting from a pc. I think people just don't bother to look at the suggested threads.
    12-15-10 07:07 AM
    there is also an app called ScreenRotate which allows for locking the screen orientation on each app you have loaded.
    12-15-10 07:37 AM
    Do any or all of these apps work on the homescreen?

Specifically, it's the password lock that I am concerned with, and the alarm snooze buttons etc.

I have a work password timeout which means that when I switch off my BB at night (or after 1 hr) and use it as my alarm, I need to type the password in when I want to use it - fine on a QWERTY but on a touchscreen, if I pick it up (particularly when I first wake bleary-eyed...!), the homescreen can go into landscape and putting in my passcode becomes an instant chore.

I know opening the keyboard sorts this but what I would really like is an app that disables the homescreen orientation completely so that for things like dismissing alarms or putting in passwords, it is always in portrait.

Any of these able to assist?

Many thanks!
    01-24-11 10:21 AM
    I believe they all lock the homescreen, six tools I know for sure does(I use it). What you do is actually lock the app screen which in turn locks the homescreen. Six tools also has an option to disable the locking feature while in a cradle for charging so the clock shows properly, as soon as you pull it off the cradle it locks the rotation to portrait again instantly.
    01-24-11 10:37 AM
    I believe they all lock the homescreen. Sixtools I know for sure does(I use it), What you do is actually lock the app screen which in turn locks the homescreen. Sixtools also has an option to disable the locking feature while in a cradle for charging so the clock shows properly, as soon as you pull it off the cradle it locks the rotation to portrait again.
    Thanks very much. It's actually sixtools that looks the most appealing to me.

So, with sixtools, I could set it to lock the orientation on the HS, then password entry for unlocking the HS will always be in portrait?
    01-24-11 10:39 AM
    Should be, I don't password lock my device, but after you pull it off the cradle(or just set it so it doesn't rotate on the cradle either) it should be auto locked to portrait.

Six tools also add the ability to remap your volume and mute keys as more convenience keys, if your used to having a couple more(older BB's). Also it has the ability to auto lock to portrait on start up(depending on your choice of themes this feature doesn't always work).
    01-24-11 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD