I have an AT&T torch, that's unlocked to work with Telus. One day it shut off and wouldn't do anything. Help?
    10-28-10 12:30 PM
    Is there an error? A blinking red light? What happens when you pull the battery? Have you left the battery out for a day? Is it fully charged?

You're pretty discreet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 01:03 PM
    I agree with Fubaz. You need to give much more information than that.

10-28-10 01:32 PM
    Karmas a ***** lol

10-28-10 01:44 PM
    ok i love my torch but i am hating making phone calls because i cant seem to keep my screen locked. so during the call my face touchs the mute or speaker!!!!! plz help! and it will not stay charged
    10-28-10 02:07 PM
    ok i love my torch but i am hating making phone calls because i cant seem to keep my screen locked. so during the call my face touchs the mute or speaker!!!!! plz help! and it will not stay charged
    Do you have the newest OS update ? I think this fixed the issue for a lot of people.

10-28-10 02:15 PM
    Is there an error? A blinking red light? What happens when you pull the battery? Have you left the battery out for a day? Is it fully charged?

You're pretty discreet.

There is no error being shown, the screen is black. After pushing the power button no light of any colour appears. I've pulled the battery a number of times and it doesn't change the state. The battery was put into another torch and deemed low, but upon charging and reinserting into the broken torch there is still no sign of life. I haven't tried leaving it out for a day, will this help clear something? I had a friend try to treat it as a nuked unit, but the computer didn't even recognize it to get anywhere with this. Any other fixes are appreciated.
    10-28-10 05:06 PM
    I fail to see how this is issue is relevant to this thread.
    10-28-10 11:37 PM
    Any suggestions? If not, anyone want extra parts?
    11-01-10 12:35 PM
    There is no error being shown, the screen is black. After pushing the power button no light of any colour appears. I've pulled the battery a number of times and it doesn't change the state. The battery was put into another torch and deemed low, but upon charging and reinserting into the broken torch there is still no sign of life. I haven't tried leaving it out for a day, will this help clear something? I had a friend try to treat it as a nuked unit, but the computer didn't even recognize it to get anywhere with this. Any other fixes are appreciated.
    Ive seen the before. It happened to an AT&T Torch. It was Kevins actually, he gave it to me to see if I could get it going but it was completely dead nothing would get it to power up. The main board (circled in pic) was the issue, I dont know enough about electronics to pin point what specifically on the board, but swapping a board from another Torch brought it back to life.

11-01-10 01:15 PM
    Are the boards for sale anywhere online yet?
    11-02-10 08:01 AM
    I've been looking for the part, but can't seem to find it on cnn.cn, globaldirectparts.com, or truesupplier.com. Any more suggestions of where to get Torch parts?
    11-04-10 11:18 AM
    you may want to occasionally check ebay...sometimes they have parts or people sell their torch because it has a broken screen or speaker or somethin...
    11-04-10 11:26 AM
    Maybe check ebay for broken 9800s, you might be able to find one with a cracked screen or something along those lines that you could use the board from.
    11-04-10 11:28 AM
    I have been having same issue. It turns off and will not come back on. I have to leave the battery out overnight and then it will work for a couple of hours and then it goes black even with the battery fully charged. Very annoying. The red light flashes and in the dark you can see the keypad is lit but the screen does not come on. If I hold down the trackpad, it comes on but then turns off when I let go. I called AT&T and I'm getting a replacement.
    11-04-10 11:31 AM
    My boss got a Torch when they first became available. It died after 5 hours. They replaced it and it has been fine since. I just got mine a couple days ago, and I like it over my old Bold 9000.
    11-04-10 11:53 AM
    I've been looking for the part, but can't seem to find it on cnn.cn, globaldirectparts.com, or truesupplier.com. Any more suggestions of where to get Torch parts?
    If it is the mainboard that's fried as Shao128 says, then his suggestion to check eBay is a good one. The mainboard IS the phone. They sell just about everything else except this part. Maybe you should be the one putting it on eBay.

This is the first I've heard of a newer phone dying like yours without some prior indication of a problem. Even when they get wet, you will at least get the led to blink, or something. Did you drop it? I'd suggest you at least take it apart to make sure the flex cables connected to the mainboard are properly connected securely. If they are and you still get nothing, my condolences, it's dead. But as you suggested, it's still good for parts.
    11-04-10 12:13 PM
    everyon having these problems...are they the same builds? I haven't heard of this problem too much so there may be some sort of correlation.
    11-04-10 12:35 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me in mid September, one day after the return period expired. It was turned on, and when I selected an email message to read, the screen went black and nothing that I did could turn it back on.

I took it back to the AT&T store from which I purchased the Torch (which was an AT&T owned store). After the manager tried swapping the battery with one that he was certain was charged, he told me that, since it was past 30 days, I would need to take it to a Device Support Center for a replacement. I asked if he was able to determine if they had any available before I made the trip. After determining that the DSC didn't have any Torch's in stock, he gave me a replacement from the store.
    11-04-10 01:38 PM
    Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'll keep an eye out on ebay to see if anything comes up. I don't have tools small enough to take the device apart, but if I can find another broken one I can invest in some new tools. If I take it to a Device Support Center do you think they could get me a replacement, even though I'm from Canada?
    11-04-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD