I'm running .225 and quite happy with everything. Only detail is the missing search function in the browser. I'm not on AT&T or Rogers so I'm guessing that my provider isn't sending all the service books.

Any suggestions for how to rectify this would be appreciated!
    09-25-10 08:46 PM
    Search is integrated into the OS. Hit the Search icon just to the right of the notification bar opposite the Sound icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 10:04 PM
    I can search from the browser. It is integrated, just start typing in the address bar and it will search or put in a full website address and it will take you there. Not sure if that'd be a service book problem, though.
    09-26-10 12:10 AM
    I think you are missing service books. I had this problem happen when I was trying to fix the problem of bis dropping. I lost some of the service books (I know the browser one was missing) and had to wipe my device to be able to get them back. After wiping I setup the up the phone before restoring anything. When I did restore, I made sure to only restore the bare minimun like contacts and messages. However I am on ATT so I'm not sure if this would solve your problem. Did the search function work before you upgraded to the leaked OS?

09-26-10 12:19 AM
    Is the OP referring to a basic Google search or the "Find on Page" within a webpage..?

09-26-10 03:16 AM
    I'm talking about the browser. See how your Torch's browser says "Type Search or Address" in the Go To page? Well mine just says "Type address". Sure, I can just go to Google or Bing in my bookmarks and search from there but I'd like to set a default search engine like (most of?) the rest of you and search from my Go To page. I don't have the option in my browser Options page to set the default search engine either.

So I'm guessing it must be a service book thing, since the 9800 is not officially supported on my carrier. I tried using the service book restore mode in Desktop Manager 5 to move them over from my 9700 on the same carrier but that didn't help. Maybe this will resolve itself when my local carrier (Cable & Wireless Panama) inevitably offers the 9800 but I was hoping for more instant gratification.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, all!
    09-26-10 06:51 AM
    I had the same problem, here's what to do:

Go to

Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Service Books

Delete all your sevice books EXCEPT the two provisioning service books

**is it important not to delete the provisioning**

Do a battery pull

Go back into service books, you will now notice that a fresh set of service books are being "pushed" back by your carrier.

Bam!!! Search option is back in your browser

Hope this works!!!!!
    11-30-10 08:21 AM
    Hi, what do you mean by provisioning service books?
    12-27-10 12:39 AM
    Hi, what do you mean by provisioning service books?
    It is the service book which recognizes the sim card in the phone I believe. Without that you have no service. Therefore the rest of the service books won't be able to be pushed to your device.

12-27-10 01:20 AM
    How do you identify a provisioning service book? Is it from the tags at the back such as [wap],[mms],[wptcp],[browserconfig],or [wappushconfig] ?
    12-27-10 07:15 AM
    I have tried upgrading to .337 and the function is still missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-27-10 10:10 PM
    I have tried upgrading to .337 and the function is still missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-27-10 10:11 PM
    There is no search option
    12-28-10 05:53 AM
    Hellp please :'(

12-29-10 10:10 PM
    Are service books pushed over WiFi? Turn your data on to see if it works.

I'm using .337 and there isn't even a way to turn off searches, just to select a default. I have options for: Google, yahoo, windows live, wikipedia and dictionary.com

Good luck with a solution.

12-30-10 10:25 AM
    Do you have a theme installed other than stock? my husband has stock theme and works fine for him, i however dont and believe it is my theme and will deal with it! One of my browsers does it and one doesnt. just type in the address bar and hit the track pad and it will go normally. looks strange but works fine.
    12-31-10 01:19 AM
    mine also had problem already call my operator and they said already reset the service book but nothing happen still missing my search function on browser
    02-03-11 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD