i went through two torches already thinking the first one was defective. issue im having is as soon as i upload my bbm from my previous bold, the phone seems to slow down? if you have a bbm conversation open and there is a fair amount of text, it takes quite a while to open up that conversation again. if the chat is almost empty its fast tho. also the phone takes at least 5 seconds to flip the screen sideways or back to the normal position? even slower in bbm? re loaded software and all i did on destktop manager was re load the contacts and bbm, not the entire backup from the old phone. Does anyone have this kind of issue? kind of sucks when your bold was really fast. plus the batteries which i seen some people had defective ones but ive tried a few and im charging this thing twice in a day. bold i only used to charge at night.
    10-14-10 01:49 AM
    What OS are u running? Theres alot of speed issues with the original .141. Seeing as your on rogers i would assume you got your torch from rogers and its running the latest .246, if not upgrade to that and do an actual battery pull to set things in. I use BBM and my phone in conjunction with txt msg's all the time and i notice no decrease in overall speed of the phone or a lag in switching from landscape mode to portrait. Also battery lasts 9 to 10 hours with moderate use. I did notice the battery got better after a couple weeks of discharge/charge cycles.
    10-14-10 07:57 AM
    Not sure if this will help, but where do you have your chat history saved? Have mine stored on "Media Card" and have never noticed any slowdowns. I also don't restore my BBM contact from DM, I use the built-in Backup Management.
    10-14-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD