First off, let me start by saying I'm not trying to nitpick the phone. I love my Torch but it seems I've jsut struck some bad luck with defects.

On my first Torch, the only problem I had was the whole "front button peeling off" problem which you've no doubt heard about. Everything else was fine.

On my new Torch, the front button is perfect but I've noticed the keyboard isn't. My first Torch's keyboard was great to type on, you could feel every letter and hear the click with every press. On my new Torch, some keys are like that but some keys make hardly any noise and just feel wrong, the whole typing experience feels way different than on my first Torch. I often find myself messing up on the keyboard now because sometimes I'm not sure if I've pressed the button or not.

Has anyone experienced this keyboard issue?
    08-18-10 02:10 PM
    Nope! Sorry to say I haven't... may be something for people to look for, though.
    08-18-10 02:42 PM
    You should return it and get a new one. There is absolutely no reason why you should put up with something like that.
    08-18-10 04:03 PM
    No issues here. I would take it back.
    08-18-10 06:44 PM
    Hi,

I am having the same issue, not sure if I have pressed the button or not since I can't hear and feel the click. Majority of keyborad buttons are working fine but some of them don't.

It will be hard to explain this to the Customer Service of Orange, especially here in France, it's not the US :-)
    10-13-10 04:23 AM
    First off, let me start by saying I'm not trying to nitpick the phone. I love my Torch but it seems I've jsut struck some bad luck with defects.

On my first Torch, the only problem I had was the whole "front button peeling off" problem which you've no doubt heard about. Everything else was fine.

On my new Torch, the front button is perfect but I've noticed the keyboard isn't. My first Torch's keyboard was great to type on, you could feel every letter and hear the click with every press. On my new Torch, some keys are like that but some keys make hardly any noise and just feel wrong, the whole typing experience feels way different than on my first Torch. I often find myself messing up on the keyboard now because sometimes I'm not sure if I've pressed the button or not.

Has anyone experienced this keyboard issue?
    Man, I wanted to get this phone so badly, but I keep hearing about this hardware issues that the Torch is having and it makes me uncomfortable. Front button peeling off? Keyboard issues? It seems like too much. For now, I'm going to stick with my 9000. Wanted the Torch, but I think I have been finally convinced not to go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:19 AM
    Dwayne, if you're interested in the phone go to the store and play with it, inspect it well. You're in the U.S., right? AT&T? You've got 30 days to decide if it's for you or not.
    Some people are reporting problems, but some have not found anything wrong. I took a phone back once (not a Blackberry) because it wasn't a good fit for me. As much as I wanted it, it wasn't right. But at least I got it out of my system....somewhat...
    You never know unless you check it out for yourself. Then you'll know with certainty.

10-13-10 06:30 AM
    Haven't had that issue yet, I say take it back.
    10-13-10 10:00 AM
    30 days to return it for any reason.
    10-13-10 10:05 AM
    Man, I wanted to get this phone so badly, but I keep hearing about this hardware issues that the Torch is having and it makes me uncomfortable. Front button peeling off? Keyboard issues? It seems like too much. For now, I'm going to stick with my 9000. Wanted the Torch, but I think I have been finally convinced not to go for it.

I have had NO ISSUES with my Torch whatsoever!! (Okay, other than me taking my device back the day after I bought it cause I thought the convenience key was defective. Uh, no. You just have to press it harder, past the two clicks! Oops, my bad!)

As Qbnkelt pointed out, you need to try it for yourself and take advantage of the 30 day return policy... if you don't like it and aren't happy with it, you've got nothing to lose. However, if it's like mine (and sooo many other people's) you're going to LOVE IT!!

We all need to keep in mind that the people posting on forums only represents a small portion of the number of people who actually own the devices. We are the minority.
    10-13-10 10:25 AM

I wouldn't let the posts here keep you from getting the phone. I can assure you that while the problems you've read about do exist, they're only present in a very small % of devices. You are always going to get a disproportionate amount of people talking about issues here versus people who have had none...

Anycase, you can always take the device back to the POS should there be any issues. The Torch is by far the best BB to date!!
    10-13-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD