Not only are Torch owners denied the newest OS, it seems like the only decently presented games or applications are all aimed at the PlayBook and QNX devices. Don't get me wrong, I love the PB and hope to own one someday. It's just ultimately frustrating that a device not even a year old is already being shoved to the background and ignored. In an effort to spin so many plates, RIM have forgotten to tend to their customers. Or at least it feels that way sometimes.

What a bummer. Am I alone on this?
    05-30-11 08:10 AM
    I'm fine with the Torch. It works well, does everything that was promised when I got it and does a little more than I personally need. I will use it for a couple of years and then move on to something new.
    It doesn't matter what we buy today...something better was already in the works before we left the store with our shiny new toy(s).
    This TV commercial comes to mind
    05-30-11 08:20 AM
    Nope...not frustrated.....Torch is working great! Between Tuneinradio, Waze, Endomondo, and a few other Apps, I can't really think of anything else I'd like. Ok....maybe Angry Birds, but "Farm" isn't bad either (although it is expensive).
    05-30-11 08:35 AM
    The main reason why I started developing on Blackberry is because of the Torch, I had curve and bold before but never actually wanted to develop on it until I got my torch, and I'm not the only developer that is saying that.

Before the torch came out, on crackberry store there was 4 page of free apps, now it's 14 page, and 1 page = 25 app, so that mean it's getting better every month. and that's only free apps.

It's true that playbook and gnx will have better game (because it integrate flash) it's easier to create a flash game than a java game.
    05-30-11 09:37 AM
    I'm fine with the Torch. It works well, does everything that was promised when I got it and does a little more than I personally need. I will use it for a couple of years and then move on to something new.
    It doesn't matter what we buy today...something better was already in the works before we left the store with our shiny new toy(s).
    This TV commercial comes to mind
    +1. not firstrated at all here. My torch does exactally what it promises to do. I am very happy with it...

to the OP, if you created your own pipe dream for the torch, or did not do any reasearch before buying it, then i can understand your frustration, but it seems as if it is just you...
    05-30-11 10:24 AM
    Well tbh, I've just had my new blackberry torch and I'm only frustrated because I'm trying to get the hand of using a lot of the apps, so unfortunately I have no idea what your on about yet! lol Maybe one day I'll be able to answer you... just give me a year or so... / lol
    05-30-11 10:32 AM
    No frustration here. Welcome to the world technology, it's always changing and current models are never promised a future devices OS.
    If it can support it then cool, update. If not, suck it up, is there something wrong with the OS on your phone anyways or is ot a cheaper way of keeping up with the Jones??
    As far as apps go, I only keep ones that are actually useful on my phone and have no need or desire for anymore. I would rather have 5 useful apps on my phone than 50 useless apps.
    05-30-11 11:02 AM
    Frustrated sure, but not over NOT getting the latest broken, wonky, pos os from RIM that's for certain.
    05-30-11 06:30 PM
    I am VERY happy with my Torch, but these things drive me mad

No Sirius App for it - maddening
    No Skype app for it because owned by Verizon - maddening
    05-30-11 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD