anybody have the plan? just curious how many of you guys are shelling out the 10 a month for the insurance
    12-08-10 10:13 PM
    Is that a best buy scam?
    12-08-10 10:32 PM
    Big scam ...
    12-08-10 11:47 PM
    Best Buy Geek Squad 'Black Tie Protection' promises premium service, cummerbunds | ZDNet

I wouldn't classify it as a scam. Bestbuy is rather huge, however when I purchased my phone I payed 150 upfront for damage protection and extended 3 year warranty. This included liquid/physical damage protection. At Rogers =)
    12-09-10 03:36 AM
    not sure why you guys are calling it a scam.

i've had it on all the BB's i've purchased there, and have had to replace them all.

i replaced 2 Bold 9000's, 3 Bold 9700's, and 4 Torch 9800's. each time i walked in the store, explained my issue, and was given a brand new BB right out of the box.
    12-09-10 06:16 AM
    I have it and it is worth it... That and knowing the workers at Best Buy.

One of the major points they DON'T stress, for obvious reasons, is if they don't have the model in stock anymore... They will switch it to the next model up.

I have it on my black torch... Best Buy just picked up the white torch.. I can walk into Best Buy and smash my torch right in front of them and they will switch it out to the white torch.

A new BlackBerry comes out every 10-12 months.. 9000 to 9700 to 9800... It only cost me $120 a year to switch to the brand new BlackBerry.

Now I wonder how many people are gonna get the service now haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chinh8310; 12-09-10 at 06:59 AM.
    12-09-10 06:55 AM
    As a couple of people have already mentioned the program is definitely worth it. As I was told by my Best Buy mobile rep, "You can bring this thing to me in a million pieces, you can drop it 20' in front of me and break it, you can run it over in front of me, I am obligated to give you a brand new phone if you have the protrection program."
    I have traded up a couple of Curves on different lines for brand new Bolds with the protection program. In my case it's worth it since my family's phones are prone to running into walls or jumping off stairs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 08:44 AM
    Don't they make you re-purchase the plan again when you get the new phone?

I had the PRP on a Xbox 360 way back in the day. It got the red ring of death error and when I sent it off for repair they sent me a BB gift card for the original purchase price (minus the cost of the PRP) and told me that if I were to buy a new 360 I would have to purchase a new PRP to cover it instead of my old policy moving over to the new machine for the duration of the policy term.
    12-09-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD