my refurb warranty replacement will be here later this week and I was wondering if anyone has experience with a refurbished Torch? did you get a good replacement or whatever?
    10-24-10 11:30 AM
    Refurbished are sometimes better than brand new because their heavily quality tested before they go out and each individual component has to be deemed working so I'd say sometimes refurb is better than brand new if you don't mind the name "refurb"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 01:27 PM
    Well....I did a warranty exchange on day 32. AT&T sent me a replacement. I'm not sure if its a refurb or not, but its rock solid. No issues. I wouldn't sweat it.

10-24-10 01:57 PM
    Well....I did a warranty exchange on day 32. AT&T sent me a replacement. I'm not sure if its a refurb or not, but its rock solid. No issues. I wouldn't sweat it.

How much is a warranty exchange after 30 days?

10-24-10 04:31 PM
    Its free.....defective device. Its under warranty for 2yrs

10-24-10 04:33 PM
    What was wrong with it?

10-24-10 08:25 PM
    The touch screen started going weird. The bottom stopped working.

10-24-10 08:27 PM
    Not really. Try Craigslist.
    Do you NOT already have a Torch?

10-24-10 08:31 PM
    I'm kinda waiting for the 9780 as well.
    I wanna check it out but I really dig the Torch form factor and t/s, keypad options

10-24-10 08:50 PM
    Does the warranty exchange through Rogers in canada work similarily? I'm not having and problems with my torch except for a slight left-right wiggle when the slider is open but it's only noticable if I purposely get the wiggle to show or I shake the phone, so its not a problem yet, I just want to know how the rogers exchange works just in case. It's always nice to have that comforting feeling in the back of my head haha

10-25-10 12:02 AM
    Yes in the first 30 days you get a brand new replacement , after the 30 days its a refurb.
    10-25-10 12:53 AM
    The replacement Torch I got through insurance is refurbished and it's the most solid Torch I've ever had. No buttons coming off, no slider wobble, and nothing to complain about.
    10-25-10 02:11 AM
    I just wanted to say, the torch is the best! New, Used, Refurb, whatever! it freaking rocks!
    lajunglist likes this.
    10-25-10 04:20 AM
    I am on the train that refurbs are probably in more solid condition given the level of testing they go through. I'm on my 3rd brand new one and well it works solid, the next return would be a refurb and I would be ok with that. As well, warrenty in Canada is only 1 year which is why I get the extended. We get 3 year contracts and only 1 year garuntee on the phone.

10-25-10 06:38 AM
    Any confirmation on refurb directly from store vs. ordering online?

From what I heard in the past (2008, 2009) if you were to go to an actual AT&T store you could get a better, far more afforable price on a refurb than you could from ordering online.

Is this still the case?
    10-25-10 07:55 AM
    "Bueller......Bueller.........Ferris Bueller"
    10-26-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD