Had the link on the desktop, but it had to be activated (for free) via my at&t online account manager. Set it all up, LOVE IT. No more calling my voicemail, it downloads the messages in a .amr format and saves them to the phone. Then they are categorized in a "folder" by date/time, similar to the text msg interface. Freakin sweet, always hated having to call my voicemail.

Just felt like sharing
    12-03-10 05:17 PM
    I first starting using it my on AT&T 9700 then on my Torch. I recently switched to an unlocked Telus 9780 for use on AT&T and that's the only thing I'm missing. I figure once AT&T releases the 9780, I'll get it and sell the unlocked one so I can have the VVM again.
    12-03-10 05:23 PM
    I first starting using it my on AT&T 9700 then on my Torch. I recently switched to an unlocked Telus 9780 for use on AT&T and that's the only thing I'm missing. I figure once AT&T releases the 9780, I'll get it and sell the unlocked one so I can have the VVM again.
    Same with me, I started with the Bold 9700 and now the Torch. It has been quite useful, especially when one of my instructors called me drunk and it was hilarious to keep it and let them listen to it the next time we had class
    12-03-10 05:28 PM
    Same. Started with the 9700 as well. I agree, it is better than calling voicemail.
    12-03-10 05:32 PM
    I have my vmail forwarded to my Google Voice account which gives the same thing and its free. It's awesome when I'm out of coverage but on WIFI, can still see vmails and sms. The transcriptions are sometimes very accurate and other times totally hilarious in how wrong they are.

Between that and being able to listen to my work vmails from my BB email, I hardly remember how to access my vmail directly.
    12-03-10 05:42 PM
    i am a noob, but is visual voice mail free to use?
    12-03-10 06:12 PM
    Visual VM is free but (with AT&T) you cannot use VM AND regular VM.
    12-03-10 06:20 PM
    i am a noob, but is visual voice mail free to use?
    Yes, its free, but you have to have it provisioned for your line. I believe you can either call AT&T and have them do it, or do yourself if you have a "my wireless" account.
    12-03-10 07:35 PM
    I too am a noob and not quite sure I get VVM - is it like a regular email type app? Are you still able to hear the voice messages? Like is it just an easy way to too visually manage your voice mail? sorry for the massive questions I'm just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 07:57 PM
    I too am a noob and not quite sure I get VVM - is it like a regular email type app? Are you still able to hear the voice messages? Like is it just an easy way to too visually manage your voice mail? sorry for the massive questions I'm just curious.

You get a visual notice of who the message was left by and how long it is. You can then listen to the message on your phone without having to call your voicemail and press buttons. Delete, replay, and save are all options on the screen.

Love my VVM, have had it since the first gen Iphone, missed it with my curve and now I'm happy to have it again, although it works way better on the torch then it did on the iphone.
    12-03-10 08:02 PM
    The easiest way to describe it is that it comes in like a regular email or text message. Then it plays like a music file, with the forward, pause, etc.
    I love it and I really miss it on my work 9650.

newcollector likes this.
    12-04-10 05:13 AM
    I set it up by going to my account on att.com and checking the box in my account settings, I never called att.
    jcp007, bearlakegirl and bar10der like this.
    12-04-10 06:20 AM
    In short, you can do it either way. Call AT&T or over the internet.

It is a very nice feature which I have had since I owned my 9700.
    12-04-10 08:04 AM
    As a newbie, thank you for this thread. I just set mine up. Cool.
    12-04-10 09:25 AM
    i too have been using AT&T VVM since i had my 9700...it is a pretty cool feature...i like not having to call my voice mail anymore
    12-04-10 09:48 AM
    I've always wanted this feature but never had a cool enough phone until now. =)
    12-04-10 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone! I set mine up today!
    12-04-10 10:58 AM
    Didn't At&t just come out with a new feature where you can READ your voice mails? I saw the commercial, I think yesterday, and it was a guy in a board room meeting and the voice over says "When you can listen to your voice mail" then the guy picks up his device and starts to read his voice mail.
    12-04-10 11:02 AM
    I set it up by going to my account on att.com and checking the box in my account settings, I never called att.
    Thank you for pointing the way to set it up. I just did ^ this and it worked like a charm.
    01-14-11 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD