I guess if we want a thread on best practices for "upskirt photos" we should start a new thread
    01-04-11 07:07 AM
    Well we can see what's on your mind, QuIcKsIlV3r!

I don't think there's a camera mute app yet for the Torch. Here's a discussion http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cam...9800-a-535837/.

I use QuickLaunch but that's doesn't seem to work on Torch. I'm sure it's being worked on.

There's many reasons to want to mute the shutter sound, besides it just being plain obnoxious sounding. I can assure you, I don't take "upskirt" pics. There are no laws against muting the shutter sound. Almost al dumbphones have this option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This has been covered before and there is a law in the works in the US requiring it for ALL phones. See post 24 in this link ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...86/index2.html
    01-04-11 08:32 AM
    but the biggest reason is because China and Japan do have that law already, and if RIM does want to do business there, they need to follow their rules.
    01-04-11 09:20 AM
    I read that thread. The law will most likely stall and eventually not get passed.

01-04-11 03:40 PM
    I read that thread. The law will most likely stall and eventually not get passed.

But it still exists in China and Japan so RIM will not give you the option.
    01-04-11 05:37 PM
    Yeah, I'd rather take an upskirt photo with a phone than with my real camera that has 12x optocal zoom.
    Good point!

01-05-11 08:07 AM
    On the curve if you had headphone plugged in the sound would go through there, and then just use the 1/8 plug with a dead cord
    01-05-11 08:27 AM
    Some trick that I found on this forums, if you want to do a picture but don't want anyone to hear the shutter sound, install CaptureIT, open your camera, when you want to take a picture, do a captureit instead (screenshot), it work
    01-05-11 09:55 AM
    Some trick that I found on this forums, if you want to do a picture but don't want anyone to hear the shutter sound, install CaptureIT, open your camera, when you want to take a picture, do a captureit instead (screenshot), it work
    But then it will show all the camera options that are on the screen, also the resolution would be super low and I want my panties HD man.

J/K
    01-05-11 10:16 AM
    Unless you're on a forum like this, you'd never know how many sneaky ppl they're truly are... lol.... From ppl asking about muting the camera to locking apps and hiding pictures...
    01-05-11 10:20 AM
    But then it will show all the camera options that are on the screen
    Use your favorite image editing software to crop out the other stuff.

..., also the resolution would be super low and I want my panties HD man.

J/K
    [voice of the soup Nazi from Seinfeld]NO HD FOR YOU![/voice]
    01-05-11 10:22 AM
    But then it will show all the camera options that are on the screen, also the resolution would be super low and I want my panties HD man.

J/K

hahaha you got a point
    01-05-11 10:44 AM
    hahaha you got a point
    ...anyone know how to remotely activate the camera on a torch when the device is taped to your shoe?
    AcADIeN likes this.
    01-05-11 11:27 AM
    ...anyone know how to remotely activate the camera on a torch when the device is taped to your shoe?
    (Hands down the funniest thing I have read all day !)
    01-05-11 12:33 PM
    haha, did you try to clap ? maybe it will work, like those light that goes on and off when you clap ;p
    01-05-11 12:46 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD