Such as any mode to put the phone in, or any apps that do this?
    01-02-11 06:04 PM
    You need an app to mute the sound and the only one I know of is CameraToGo.. There is more just can't think of the others
    01-02-11 06:09 PM
    ^Can't find it on App World.
    Anything else, preferably free?
    01-02-11 06:24 PM
    Really? Honestly why do you pervs insist on having a muted camera shutter? Seriously thats why there are laws against phones with a muted shutter because too many sickos like to take up skirt pics.
    01-02-11 06:39 PM
    Well we can see what's on your mind, QuIcKsIlV3r!

I don't think there's a camera mute app yet for the Torch. Here's a discussion http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cam...9800-a-535837/.

I use QuickLaunch but that's doesn't seem to work on Torch. I'm sure it's being worked on.

There's many reasons to want to mute the shutter sound, besides it just being plain obnoxious sounding. I can assure you, I don't take "upskirt" pics. There are no laws against muting the shutter sound. Almost al dumbphones have this option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-02-11 at 06:52 PM.
    01-02-11 06:48 PM
    Considering 99% of the time its a male asking and seeing as OP has only 4 posts, not making assumptions here but majority of people asking to mute the camera shutter is for perverted reasons.
    01-02-11 06:52 PM
    If you do a forum search you'll see how many folks request this feature. They also list there their reasons for wanting such as app. Lots of legit reasons.

You're making an assumption about someone you don't know and are showing more of how *you* think. My first thought is taking a pic in a quiet place, like a museum.

I don't think "the majority of people asking to mute...is for perverted reasons." I think you may be projecting here.

If fact there are NO threads on CrackBerry by anyone asking for a camera mute app because they want to take upskirt pics. So I'm not sure what you are basing your assumption on. It's just false.

01-02-11 06:56 PM
    Well we can see what's on your mind, QuIcKsIlV3r!

I don't think there's a camera mute app yet for the Torch. Here's a discussion http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cam...9800-a-535837/.

I use QuickLaunch but that's doesn't seem to work on Torch. I'm sure it's being worked on.

There's many reasons to want to mute the shutter sound, besides it just being plain obnoxious sounding. I can assure you, I don't take "upskirt" pics. There are no laws against muting the shutter sound. Almost al dumbphones have this option.

Cool thanks, hopefully something comes out soon?
    I guess I'll just have to make a voicemail call and then take a picture for now.
    01-02-11 07:01 PM
    Yes, that's what I used to do on my 8330 before there was an app to mute it.

01-02-11 07:03 PM
    Really? Honestly why do you pervs insist on having a muted camera shutter? Seriously thats why there are laws against phones with a muted shutter because too many sickos like to take up skirt pics.
    Got any links to these laws? Oh, and the sound is annoying THAT is the reason to mute it. I get tired of taking photos at with friends etc. At sporting events or pics of my kids and having everyone in ear shot turn to see who is taking the photo.

01-02-11 07:26 PM

there is a trick that you can do, which i read from somebody here on forums, call voicemail then open camera and shoot pictures ;D

i paired that with shortcutme macros, flawless for 60 seconds

i hate the sound =[ makes me look like a tourist
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-02-11 at 09:46 PM.
    01-02-11 09:42 PM
    See this is the idiotic mindset of people today. Most cameras today make no sound. In the past we used to use rangefinder cameras like Leicas when we wanted less noise than a DSLR made. The reasons for that are simple, not to annoy people in public settings like a theater. Let's say you are watching your child in a school play and you want to take a picture. Now let's say a hundred parents are watching their children and want to take a picture. Let's now imagine the cacophony produced by a hundred phones snapping pictures.

How about a restaurant? Do you really want to hear people's camera's making noise as they shoot pictures of their friends. Honestly I cannot believe the stupidity of people today. I have an idea, why don't we require people to announce there presence loudly whenever they may encounter another person who may not know anyone else is around. That should solve all of society's woes.

On another subject, had the OP searched, they would have spared us the rehash of this subject.
    01-02-11 09:44 PM
    nothing works in os6
    01-03-11 01:17 AM
    See this is the idiotic mindset of people today. Most cameras today make no sound. In the past we used to use rangefinder cameras like Leicas when we wanted less noise than a DSLR made. The reasons for that are simple, not to annoy people in public settings like a theater. Let's say you are watching your child in a school play and you want to take a picture. Now let's say a hundred parents are watching their children and want to take a picture. Let's now imagine the cacophony produced by a hundred phones snapping pictures.

How about a restaurant? Do you really want to hear people's camera's making noise as they shoot pictures of their friends. Honestly I cannot believe the stupidity of people today. I have an idea, why don't we require people to announce there presence loudly whenever they may encounter another person who may not know anyone else is around. That should solve all of society's woes.

On another subject, had the OP searched, they would have spared us the rehash of this subject.
    I'm pretty sure the camera flash will be just as disruptive in the instance's you stated. The camera shutter sound is barely inaudible, the flash on the other hand is annoying but the camera takes horrible pictures without it, yet no one complains about the flash. Every time there is a flash someone looks.

There is no third party app or natively to turn off the shutter sound.
    01-03-11 09:06 AM
    How dare you make perverted photography synonymous with this post without anything suggesting that was the purpose. i hope you know how ignorant you come off. im not trying to bash or anything but your post was way out of place.

To the OP...I used to use this free camera mute app on my 9700. If I can locate that same app I'll come back and post a link to it.
    01-03-11 10:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure the camera flash will be just as disruptive in the instance's you stated. The camera shutter sound is barely inaudible, the flash on the other hand is annoying but the camera takes horrible pictures without it, yet no one complains about the flash. Every time there is a flash someone looks.

However, the difference with that issue and this camera shutter issue is you have the option of taking flash off if it really annoys you. The camera shutter does not. And I can get decent pictures without flash really.

How dare you make perverted photography synonymous with this post without anything suggesting that was the purpose. i hope you know how ignorant you come off. im not trying to bash or anything but your post was way out of place.

To the OP...I used to use this free camera mute app on my 9700. If I can locate that same app I'll come back and post a link to it.
    If you could find it and let me know I'd be quite thankful.
    01-03-11 10:27 AM
    Looking for an app as well.
    01-03-11 11:59 AM

Can't complain for something, like flash, that has an option to be turned off.

01-03-11 01:41 PM
    I always have my flash off and I get pretty good pics. Like others said, at least there's an option to turn it on/off.

01-03-11 05:35 PM
    Upskirt photo in winter .. Yeahh ... Smh

01-03-11 05:46 PM
    The pervert coment was a little too judgemental. I am male and would appreciate muting the camera. I am a facility manager and take pictures of electronic items in the office to post online, in forums, for feedback on repairs. In the past I had to find a camera and get the photo from the Micro card. Now I do it all with the phone much faster. The down side is the camera noise is a distraction to coworkers.

01-03-11 06:45 PM
    Yeah, I'd rather take an upskirt photo with a phone than with my real camera that has 12x optocal zoom.
    01-03-11 06:47 PM
    I wanted the camera mute only so i can take pictures of my teachers slides so my hand doesn't fall off from all the writing
    01-04-11 01:58 AM
    The perverted comment was a bit over the top, as has been covered many times, there are legitimate reasons for muting the camera, however there are some countries, such as Japan, who do require by law that camera enabled devices make some sort of noise when a photo is captured by them, and this is why BlackBerries (along with Android devices, iPhones, WP7 devices and even dumb phones) make a noise when a photo is captured.

The call to voicemail option should do just fine for most people, even though it is partially inconvenient, and I'm sure in time an app will be released to allow the camera to be muted.
    01-04-11 03:13 AM
    All dumb phones I've had have the option to mute it. It seems like a simple program to silence it. I think it's just RIM.

01-04-11 06:43 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD