I really hope the one that comes out is the version that has flush buttons. Those physical buttons make it look so quirky.
    07-08-11 04:39 PM
    Check this bauce **** out, just found these:

Last edited by mad_vtak; 07-08-11 at 04:56 PM.
    bighap, dm3ready, jimpilot and 1 others like this.
    07-08-11 04:51 PM
    Looks awesome. Those photos really capture the clean/crisp screen. Cant wait!
    07-08-11 06:51 PM
    Your complaint might have validity if it wasn't so totallly illiterate and littered with slurs and profanity.
    My favorite part is where he says the company is starting to look like "fece". Not feces, just one.
    07-08-11 07:57 PM
    mad_vtak, those pics look awesome. It looks good, even with those physical buttons.
    07-08-11 09:11 PM
    I can tell you that after using it for almost ten days now, it 's a great phone! It could really use a better battery though, cause it's only 1230mAh (and my 9780 has a 1500mAh with a smaller screen, no touch, no 1,2Ghz processor! go figure...). After using tte 9900 for a couple of days I decided to keep the 9860 instead. It's what the Torch should be from the start. And I'm already getting used to not having a hardware keyboard.

Sent from my white iPhone 4, using Tapatalk.
    maevinj and 1magine like this.
    07-09-11 06:49 PM
    I can tell you that after using it for almost ten days now, it 's a great phone! It could really use a better battery though, cause it's only 1230mAh (and my 9780 has a 1500mAh with a smaller screen, no touch, no 1,2Ghz processor! go figure...). After using tte 9900 for a couple of days I decided to keep the 9860 instead. It's what the Torch should be from the start. And I'm already getting used to not having a hardware keyboard.
    Thank you! Does the battery easily last you all day? Just curious.
    07-09-11 07:45 PM

Yasou tfd and Tks for the hands-on info.

Any lag going from landscape to portait or portait to landscape?
    I saw a video on the CB blog today and the lag was present.

TIA
    07-09-11 10:02 PM
    There is some delay in changing from landscape to portrait and other way around. I guess it has to do with the beta os7. I hope at least... As far as the battery goes, it lasts more than a day, with many long calls, many emails, and my bluetooth handsfree connected! Also some bridge use with my Playbook. It just doesn't last as long as my 9780 did. The screen is amazing, in colour and touch as well. And the hone is really well built. The back is not plastic as you may think, it's metal!

07-10-11 04:08 AM

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to my next upgrade.

Can you quit posting from your iPhone though? You're killing me
    07-10-11 10:35 AM
    Also some bridge use with my Playbook. It just doesn't last as long as my 9780 did. The screen is amazing, in colour and touch as well. And the hone is really well built. The back is not plastic as you may think, it's metal!
    Any noticeable improvement with bridge speed, particularly bridge browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 10:46 AM
    Not really, same as the 9780. Nothing really noticeable. Only other thing I noticed is that Google maps do not work on 9860 and 9900.

Sent from my 9860 Monza/Monaco/Torch Touch!!! ;-)
    07-10-11 03:35 PM
    There is some delay in changing from landscape to portrait and other way around. I guess it has to do with the beta os7. I hope at least... As far as the battery goes, it lasts more than a day, with many long calls, many emails, and my bluetooth handsfree connected! Also some bridge use with my Playbook. It just doesn't last as long as my 9780 did. The screen is amazing, in colour and touch as well. And the hone is really well built. The back is not plastic as you may think, it's metal!

Good info tfd,
    Thanks
    Good Luck
    07-10-11 08:15 PM
    For the three other devices, there was a decent picture, any associated with the monaco?
    I will have the best images posted by pm tomorrow.
    07-19-11 10:33 AM

TFD - A question for you please. You say you're keeping the 9860. Yet you are posting using an IP4. Is the 9860 browser and typing on par or not?
    07-19-11 10:51 AM
    TFD - A question for you please. You say you're keeping the 9860. Yet you are posting using an IP4. Is the 9860 browser and typing on par or not?

Very interested as well, as I'm torn right now between ditching my S2 for an Iphone, because I'm sick of waiting on this Monaco device. (and, have a feeling it's going to disappoint)

1magine, I'm at the point that my BES paid through work just isn't enough. I use my phone for my own personal side business as well, and had my S2 reboot during a client call this weekend. I'm done with it! My work is exploring opening the format up to all phones, so maybe if I do jump, it'll push it along.
    07-19-11 11:05 AM
    I have been on a BES for 7+ years. I moved to VZW to get the S1 and then tried the S2. These devices have done the same thing a dozen times. On a call with a client or a partner or a conference call and BOOM - =white screen - 15 minute reboot to usability again. Responding to a time sensitive e-mail, screen becomes unresponsive to touch, device hangs...
    I had hopes the new CPU and RAM would help. Then I learned that RIM is still partitioning their memory to use part as media storage and part as RAM. But its really not RAM, its just a designated permanent swap file where the OS and applications are stored and what's left is to be used as RAM (ONLY about 200 Megs after OS load) . This will result in in very poor performance as a user fills that space. And I fear many of these issues will continue until the QNX device is released. If I could use another device I would. I will likely get the Monaco/Monza but not on VZW. Hoping T-mobile. But at this point its late July and the device hasn't even made it to the FCC yet. So it may be a while.
    trojanscott likes this.
    07-19-11 11:15 AM
    I have been on a BES for 7+ years. I moved to VZW to get the S1 and then tried the S2. These devices have done the same thing a dozen times. On a call with a client or a partner or a conference call and BOOM - =white screen - 15 minute reboot to usability again. Responding to a time sensitive e-mail, screen becomes unresponsive to touch, device hangs...
    I had hopes the new CPU and RAM would help. Then I learned that RIM is still partitioning their memory to use part as media storage and part as RAM. But its really not RAM, its just a designated permanent swap file where the OS and applications are stored and what's left is to be used as RAM (ONLY about 200 Megs after OS load) . This will result in in very poor performance as a user fills that space. And I fear many of these issues will continue until the QNX device is released. If I could use another device I would. I will likely get the Monaco/Monza but not on VZW. Hoping T-mobile. But at this point its late July and the device hasn't even made it to the FCC yet. So it may be a while.
    That seriously just makes me even more certain I'm jumping ship. I love my BB when it works, but it doesn't. I love full screen phones, touch typing is fine with me, and I wanna surf the net without watching the paint dry.
    07-19-11 11:28 AM
    Everyone thinks that QNX is the great answer for RIM's phones.

After the Playbook, RIM learned a lesson, I hope!
    07-19-11 11:43 AM
    PS - if you haven't seen - a new leak to download: BlackBerry Torch 9850 & 9860 OS 7.0.0.261 Leaked � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

Load it up and let us know how it looks. I also made a thread just for the leak in the forums.
    07-19-11 01:37 PM
    Works just fine. Faster than .187, better battery life, smoother transitions onthe screen. It gets better on every update!

Sent from my 9860 Torch, using Tapatalk.
    07-28-11 02:28 AM
    There will always be some lag as it is built into the software. If not the orientation sensor would be flipping the display with the slightest movement. The delay is not a problem.
    07-28-11 06:07 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD