09-20-10 09:57 AM
33 12
tools
    What do you do if you only have a Mac computer. How can I do the upgrade?
    You cannot load leaked OS's with a mac. You will need to use bootcamp running windows or just find a friend with a PC to do the update for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 05:46 PM
    Redzebra 02:49 PM Today -- [Reply] [!!]
    My backlight is a bit glitchy sometimes it's super bright other times it's normal. Also quick question. Anyone else experiencing a one second delay between showing four apps or more to hiding it with the arrow present

As in if it's all hidden I bring it up the arrow stays there for a second before changin to all

Yes but that's really the only thing I've noticed on 225

09-19-10 07:13 PM
    What do you do if you only have a Mac computer. How can I do the upgrade?
    + 1 on bootcamp or parallels.
    you need to run windows OS to do the leaked upgrade..
    just borrow a friend/co-worker/subordinate/lover/pimp laptop and you'll be fine
    09-19-10 08:32 PM
    .214 has been great for me. I almost returned the phone, but after .214 it's a completely different experience. So much improvement I was stunned. I'm very glad i did it...
    09-19-10 08:46 PM
    Yes but that's really the only thing I've noticed on 225

Ah so they're known problems I can live with them as long as the backlight doesn't kill my battery

Thanks for your response

09-20-10 07:21 AM
    Are you on at least .214? Cause that was an official release by RIM. I don't really see that many changes from .214 to .225 aside from the well documented ones like virtual keyboard... performance otherwise is about the same (miles above the phone's software when it came out of the box)
    There's no such thing as an "official release by RIM" in terms of the OS. An OS is submitted to a carrier who field tests it, and when they find it suitable for release then it's considered "official" by that carrier.

My backlight is a bit glitchy sometimes it's super bright other times it's normal. Also quick question. Anyone else experiencing a one second delay between showing four apps or more to hiding it with the arrow present

As in if it's all hidden I bring it up the arrow stays there for a second before changin to all

Never had either of these issues on any of the 4 OSes. For the backlight, maybe you have the auto dim checked?
    09-20-10 08:18 AM
    Any reason I can't upgrade from 5.01? I was going to try, but thought I would check in first. My work computer does not allow me to install new apps, and so I cannot install Desktop Manager 6
    09-20-10 09:14 AM
    There's no such thing as an "official release by RIM" in terms of the OS. An OS is submitted to a carrier who field tests it, and when they find it suitable for release then it's considered "official" by that carrier.

Never had either of these issues on any of the 4 OSes. For the backlight, maybe you have the auto dim checked?
    I do have auto dim checked but the difference in lighting is huge my backlight is set to zero and sometimes it displays normally other times it shines really bright as if it is set to 100

09-20-10 09:57 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD