I know that this has been discussed for other phone models but I don't see it talked about for the Torch.

When the phone rings there's a nice big button on the screen to mute the ringer. There's also a button on top of the phone that does the same thing.. why we need two buttons for it I don't know.

However, my last phone, a Sanyo flip, had a way to answer the call in speakerphone mode. With the torch you have to answer then press the speakerphone button.

Any way to change the on-screen mute button or add a second button to answer directly into speakerphone mode?

Lots of places have hands free laws for driving. While I normally hate talking on the phone and driving, I don't mind using the speakerphone. Our hands free law does permit one-touch answer, so a button to answer in speakerphone mode would be perfect.

Thanks.
    12-19-10 12:57 PM
    I recall looking for this and not finding it.
    I was fairly sure I had this feature on a previous BB, either 8330 and/or 9630, but maybe I'm completely mistaken.

Out of curiosity, I'll look again next time I have a chance.
    12-20-10 01:21 PM
    I am looking for the exact thing. I was shocked to see the speakerphone button will not answer a ringing call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD